By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Does Sony win every generation by default?

Phantom-Lord said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

For Playstation... Maybe but for the rest of the company... Nope

Oh and they don't win in the handheld either

Umm relevance or you trying to desperately trying to spin anything negative against sony?

Not really... I did mention handheld which is gaming related and the OP did say Sony and not Playstation specifically

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
think-man said:
Anfebious said:
think-man said:
I always thought that Sony lost last gen not that Nintendo won it, Sony doesn't have to do jack except last gen when we saw them panic because they made so many mistakes.

So who won last gen? Microsoft?

I mean that Sony lost the gen through bad choices not that Nintendo won it through good ones. I think Sony would have had it in bag if they didn't F it up.

So... Sony lost the generation through bad choices that's okay. But Nintendo didn't win it through good ones? How exactly? Are you implying that Sony's fuck up was the whole reason of the Wii success? I certainly don't agree with that.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

think-man said:
Fusioncode said:
spemanig said:
Fusioncode said:

Unlike Microsoft they have strong presence in all three major regions. Unlike Nintendo they have solid 3rd party support. Both Nintendo and Microsoft have a handicap that Sony lacks. So as long as neither of them throws a curveball like the Wii, or Sony doesn't make major mistakes like with the PS3, does Sony just automatically win?

They don't have a strong presence in Japan anymore. 

It hasn't even been out 6 months in Japan. The PS3 didn't have a particularly strong launch either. Let's wait and see what happens once some of the major 3rd party titles hit. 

spemanig is a broken record, he's been posting that crap for the last few weeks.

1. I only noticed the PS4's shitty japanese sales a few days age.

2. It's 100% fact. 

Anfebious said:
think-man said:
Anfebious said:
think-man said:
I always thought that Sony lost last gen not that Nintendo won it, Sony doesn't have to do jack except last gen when we saw them panic because they made so many mistakes.

I mean that Sony lost the gen through bad choices not that Nintendo won it through good ones. I think Sony would have had it in bag if they didn't F it up.

So... Sony lost the generation through bad choices that's okay. But Nintendo didn't win it through good ones? How exactly? Are you implying that Sony's fuck up was the whole reason of the Wii success? I certainly don't agree with that.

No It's more to do with Xbox, the Wii would have sold the same amount but The PS3 would have been more successful against the xbox and maybe put another 30-40 million if it didn't let xbox get ahead. Contrary to what alot of people believe I don't really consider Sony and Nintendo home consoles to really be in battle with one another, they seem to want different markets. Sony and MS though and trying to get the same gamer.

think-man said:
Anfebious said:
think-man said:

Nintendo won last gen because they made good decsions with the Wii, not because Sony fucked up PS3. What total nonsense.

Around the Network
Phantom-Lord said:

For Playstation... Maybe but for the rest of the company... Nope

Oh and they don't win in the handheld either

Umm relevance or you trying to desperately trying to spin anything negative against sony?

Not really... I did mention handheld which is gaming related and the OP did say Sony and not Playstation specifically

You are wrong Jizz. "Handheld gaming" isn't considered as "gaming hardware". It's more like a babysitting tool!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

spemanig said:
think-man said:
Fusioncode said:
spemanig said:
Fusioncode said:

Unlike Microsoft they have strong presence in all three major regions. Unlike Nintendo they have solid 3rd party support. Both Nintendo and Microsoft have a handicap that Sony lacks. So as long as neither of them throws a curveball like the Wii, or Sony doesn't make major mistakes like with the PS3, does Sony just automatically win?

They don't have a strong presence in Japan anymore. 

It hasn't even been out 6 months in Japan. The PS3 didn't have a particularly strong launch either. Let's wait and see what happens once some of the major 3rd party titles hit. 

spemanig is a broken record, he's been posting that crap for the last few weeks.

1. I only noticed the PS4's shitty japanese sales a few days age.

2. It's 100% fact. 

Keep it up :)

Fusioncode said:

That's not the way we see it.  We champion companies with money that can make things happen.  We win by default.

Play4Fun said:
think-man said:
Anfebious said:
think-man said:

Nintendo won last gen because they made good decsions with the Wii, not because Sony fucked up PS3. What total nonsense.

Each to their own.

think-man said:
Anfebious said:
think-man said:
Anfebious said:
think-man said:

No It's more to do with Xbox, the Wii would have sold the same amount but The PS3 would have been more successful against the xbox and maybe put another 30-40 million if it didn't let xbox get ahead. Contrary to what alot of people believe I don't really consider Sony and Nintendo home consoles to really be in battle with one another, they seem to want different markets. Sony and MS though and trying to get the same gamer.

Well, it makes more sense when you put it this way.