By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW/ USA SW Up 17th May 2014

personally outside of us fanboys & the internet hardcore,announcements about price/sku's doesn't have that much effect with the normal punter,
of course once prices do come down and they see things as affordable they do buy

I smell like the dark forest of Dwemereth in the morning mist                                                   fanboy til i'm bankrupt

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
Poor PS3 minecraft :(

The retail game is already at the top.

Don't forget the PS3 digital version sold 1 million the first month of its release...4 months ago...

sully1311 said:
binary solo said:
When was the last time all home consoles were below 100K for a week? Looks like PS4 will drop into the 90's some time soon and Kinectless might not keep Xb one above 100K for long if it gets it above 100K at all.

Quite the drop for Xb one in USA, so suggests there is probably going to be good demand for Kinectless. Not much drop in Europe, so hard to know how Europe will receive Kinectless.

8%?

I thought I saw 40K for USA last week. Oh well 32K to 30K is a normal fluctuation week to week. If there's been no consumer response to Kinectless announcement it means one of 2 things: Kinectless sku will do almost nothing for Xb one sales; or other than people who dwell on forums there's not much consumer awareness about Kinectless.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

sully1311 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

wrong. She has access to them. 

Yep Aquamarine and creamsugar

and John Harker tho he doesn't give much info

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

binary solo said:
Scisca said:
The Vita numbers don't seem to reflect the release of Slim, which must have given it some kind of a boost. A sad week in general if you aren't called PS4. I see why MS has decided to make yet another agressive move in their struggle to keep XO on the market.

Can't wait to see PS4 and XO dropping price and what impact that might have ;) When do you think PS4 is gonna get the first cut? E3 2015? Gamescom?

I think Sony will drop the price in 2015. They will want to go this whole financial year at launch price just to help the over all bottom line for the company. And of course once you get to the end of the financial year you're into the slow sales months and there's no point dropping the price until Sept/Oct to get that holiday excitement going.

Question is whether it will be a $50 cut or a $100 cut. Personally I think they should go for $75. $75 feels like a substantial cut so will excite potential buyers and have almost the same boosting effect as $100, but Sony gets to save $25 on each sale.

So I see we agree on Gamescom 2015 (that's my bet as well). I also think that $70 is the best price cut possible. Not $75, cause you lose the mandatory $9 at the end ;) $70 or $80, just like Nintendo did with 3DS, seems really substantial (on par with $100 really), but doesn't hurt the manufacturer that much more than just a $50 cut, which on the other hand doesn't look that significant for the customer. I think Nintendo should make such a cut with Wii U asap. $229 for a Wii U with a game? Finally the price would be right for me. $70 or $80 cuts are way to go in this business.

I think the Kinectless bundle will make a long-term change for XO in NA. Americans will look at the shelf and see a PS4 and XO for the same price, they'll automaticly assume (falsely) that both consoles are on par just like PS3 and X360 were and will pick up the XO just out of comfort - they have their account, their achievements, maybe even their Gold is still running. This will improve the situation in NA, but won't do a thing in Europe. It's a pity actually, that Kinect failed so miserably. I think it's because they have failed to launch any interesting games and most importantly - apps. Is the Beach Body app even running already? The one with P90X, Insanity, etc.? I think this would be the only thing I'd be interested in on Kinect. They should make and strongly advertise such stuff - real deal, serious stuff that's only on XO. I don't think they've handled it all well, but then again - they haven't handled anything well this gen.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Around the Network
Shadow1980 said:
XBO still overtracked in the U.S even after adjustments. While their YTD sales through the first quarter are nearly identical to NPD (VGC: 716k; NPD: 711k), they still have April way over what NPD reported. They have the XBO at nearly 155k for April, 40k (or about 34.8%) over the NPD figure. Assuming they're still over tracking the XBO by 35%, that would put its actual number at 22k for the week. The thing is probably going under 100k for May. Even if June is great for the XBO, this quarter is going to be overall pretty terrible. If it pulls only 95k this month, which would bring its combined sales for April and May to 210k, which would mean it would have to sell 362k in June just to beat the original Xbox's Q2 2002 sales. To beat what the 360 did in Q2 2006 it would have to sell 583k in June.

That all being said, at least VGC is not overtracking it by nearly two-to-one like they were. They might still be OT-ing it, but they're getting closer, and the XBO is the one they were most off on in their estimates. Everything else was much closer.

Oh, and it looks like they've adjusted Europe as well, as they show the PS4 having been ahead of the XBO for the last eight weeks they've had it recorded, whereas they've been showing the XBO ahead of the PS4 in the UK for a few weeks now, but now they have the PS4 back in the lead, though not by much. I wonder if they're overtracking the XBO in the UK by as much as they have been in the U.S.

So Xone is ~50k overtracked in US? which would probably put it with 4,4 million on the front page?!

VGC still tracking XB1 about 35% higher than NPD in April.

Realistically, XB1 US should be below 30k. NPD average was below 30k and now with the price cut announced people will be pre-ordering that instead of buying. What reason is there for improving sales in May?  XB1 + Kinect has dropped 70 or 80 # ranks on Amazon since the announcement.

My 8th gen collection

Xbox One keeps being overtracked and I see Wii U's hardware being undertracked for Japan... Why?

You have numbers from several groups, Famitsu and Media Create are like Japanese NPD.... Just see in which of those two has higher numbers for that or that console and mix them together.

Also start tracking Wii U and 3DS software properly... -_-"

Anyway I would not be surprised if VG Chartzs by now undertracked Wii U by a few thousands units abd by end of year could be ten to twenty thousands... -_-" o_O

Wii U above Vita and soon Mario Kart 8, I wonder how much will gap be shrunk...

PlayStation 4 looks to be on life support til 2015 or even 2016 if Sony does not do something and if somehow FFXV and MGSV get delayed or something...

Seriously... Japanese developers will switch from PlayStation 3 and it might force Square Enix ti port at least Kingdom Hearts III to Wii U since Wii U by end of 2014 could reach 2.25-2.5 million or even more of install base and how PlayStation 4 is now, it would be lucky if it hits a million...

Wii U might beat Xbox One in sales when MK8 launches...

hated_individual said:
Anyway I would not be surprised if VG Chartzs by now undertracked Wii U by a few thousands units abd by end of year could be ten to twenty thousands... -_-" o_O

Hope you're not serious.  Ten to twenty thousand a year is well below VGC's margin of error.

My 8th gen collection

Summary:

PS4 - Decent.
3DS - Alive.
Rest- Doom.

PS4 is not doing too hot, but looking at historical trends, it's not too different from other successful consoles during their first April. It's doing terribly bad in Japan though, and there is no decent Japanese SW in sight.

3DS... sustainable numbers, but it's dropping steeply. It needs price cuts and software if it wants to stay relevant until holidays next year. That's the latest Nintendo should release a successor.

Xbox One, horrendous. Dead in mainland Europe, probably sold around 4k units there. 5k last week. 360-in-Japan levels. Nothing can revive it there. US numbers are bad but at least it's alive there and the price cut might help. Probably overtracked by a bit though.

The rest... WiiU should see a nice bump with MK8 and may well go above the xone. Vita is dead outside of Japan.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.