By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSP beefing up their lineup

kingofwale said:
zackblue said:
kingofwale said:
zackblue said:
kingofwale said:
>Sony's handheld console is finally getting a much needed upgrade to their linup in the next couple of weeks.

lol, "much needed upgrade to their lineup"??? Look up how many 80+ games PSP has, and how many DS has, and then tell me if it's "much needed"

Looking at sales Id think the DS had much more quality titles, but I guess I was wrong.

sales = quality? Carnival game = NMH + Z&W?

Well in terms of 3rd party support(which DS has more than psp) I would think the DS would have the much better games in terms of its library, but Like I said I was wrong(Was not expecting GoW to end up with a 95 average either, best HH game ever?).

DS definitely has MORE games, by a lot over PSP, but PSP has more quality games. According to Gamespot, I believe there are over 48 Games with scores 80% or higher and over 29 games for DS? (I haven't checked for a month or so).

I am just sick of the "PSP has no quality game" argument, it's been there since PSP's launch day.

I agree, and I also believe price is whats holding the psp's sales down.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

Around the Network

God of War Kicks ASS!! This game is amazing and I also can't wait for Patapon.
Followed by FF CC and Clank. Awesome year!

>I agree, and I also believe price is whats holding the psp's sales down.

TONS of reason.

*multimedia functionality.
*cool factor (DS is much cooler)
*piracy
*install base
*not exactly pick-up-and-play + loadtime

I can go on and on about it, but it has pretty awesome library if you truely have the time to explore it (if you take 2 hours of subway per day)

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Played the Patapon demo today, very fun game! Looking forward to getting that for my PSP also Locoroco 2 (when it is released, not heard much recently)

i think it need a price cut,plus this exiting lineup
it will boost it a lot

Around the Network

Recently it has received 4 magnific games

-Patapon
-God of War Chains of Olympus
-Downstream Panic
-Wipeout Pulse

And lets not forget that just before Christmas we got

-Disgaea :Afternoon of Darkness .
-Syphon Filter Logans Shadow .
-Castlevania Dracula X .
-Silent Hill Origins .

I just cant believe how bad the software sales for PSP looks .And ,looking for the reports of the companies and such I dont think its selling so few games .EA put the PSP revenue at 80 million for a single quarter while the DS one was at 110 ,in UK the PSP has 1/3 of the software sales with more or less 1/3 of the userbase ....you get my point .

kingofwale said:
>Sony's handheld console is finally getting a much needed upgrade to their linup in the next couple of weeks.

lol, "much needed upgrade to their lineup"??? Look up how many 80+ games PSP has, and how many DS has, and then tell me if it's "much needed"

Well its highest ranked game was an 89 (lumines). and now you add a 95 and a 87 (tied for 9th best). Its good to see PSP break the 90 barrier.

^^, it's still too early to call, most of the reviews haven't been out yet.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
kingofwale said:
>I agree, and I also believe price is whats holding the psp's sales down.

TONS of reason.

*multimedia functionality.
*cool factor (DS is much cooler)
*piracy
*install base
*not exactly pick-up-and-play + loadtime

I can go on and on about it, but it has pretty awesome library if you truely have the time to explore it (if you take 2 hours of subway per day)

1. I agree with multimedia holding it back. For PSP2, it should be 100% gaming, ditch the movies. Keep the music though but no movies.

2. Cool factor = arguable

3. Piracy is B.S.  Sony has got to stop piracy.

4. Install base = Problem for PSP

5. Loadtime = long. That should be fixed if possible.

Wow this is much needed considering PSP's lackluster software sales.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY