By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Anybody else pumped for Civilization: Beyond Earth?

I am actually

I never played Alpha Centuri, so Civ is space definitely interests me

It's not like I'm a huge fan, I've only spent 30 hours or so in Civ V and that was basically my first Civ game (had a dip into Civ IV), but I'm very intrigued by the different gameplay possibilities with all this alien tech

Around the Network

Yup! Definitely interested in it, although I'll probably get it only when it's on sale because it'll probably for Steam upon me yet again, and all DRM (including Steam) lowers the value of games tremendously for me.

rolltide101x said:

Apparently it has a Linux version as well. If it releases the same day as the Windows version (probably wont =/ ) I will buy that version.

It'll probably be Steam-only so you'll get all the versions for the same price, I believe.

Ka-pi96 said:

I'd love to play on maps that size but can't ever finish really long games like that :(

Same here, although for me it's because my PC can't handle big matches very well...

Im looking forward to missed days and nights. Time disappears when I play these games.

@zkuq

is that how it works? I've only bought a few games off of Steam.

@LiquorandGunFun

Same here. Stayed up all night playing Civ5 a ton of times. It has my sleep schedule all messed up. Lol (Good thing I'm out of college for the summer!)

Around the Network

I hope it doesn't take 3 years to get good like civ V did

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

@Chapset

I agree the DLC made it way better than it was at launch but I think you are being a bit harsh lol