By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What will you do when this industry dies?

What's your plan after gaming is gone?

Bow down to our mobile overlords 16 10.00%

Try to revive board games 20 12.50%

Drink until the pain goes away 39 24.38%

Start your own console! W... 58 36.25%

Suicide pact 27 16.88%

Total:160
Anfebious said:
I am a whiny womanlink said:
Anfebious said:

I would keep doing the same things I do today. Studying, working, fucking, eating and sleeping. The only part I would take out would be the "gaming" part.

Fixed for you.

Fixed your username for you.

Am I a beautiful woman?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
Anfebious said:
I am a whiny womanlink said:

Fixed for you.

Fixed your username for you.

Am I a beautiful woman?

Nope, you are ugly and whiny, the worst possible combination.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Anfebious said:
Pavolink said:

Am I a beautiful woman?

Nope, you are ugly and whiny, the worst possible combination.

Oh, too bad. At least I'll be like you.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I think I'll get into Final Fantasy. It seems that there are enough of those to last me a long time.

NNID: garretslarrity

Steam: garretslarrity

Nicklesbe said:
lt_dan_27 said:
I don't understand where people get the delusion that gaming is dying.

It's part of the same delusion that makes some think Xbox One is outselling the Ps4 and winning this generation. Same one that makes em think they won last generation. It's all based on irrationality, detachment from reality, and wilful igorance of facts and the world around them.

But I specifically don't understand this one. People are under the impression that the 360 won (even though it's in last place) becuase people have been infomed of that forever. People think the xbox one is doing better than the ps4 because they really want it to. But this one comes from nowhere. I don't know why your desire would be for the industry to die. And I also don't know where the innacurate information that gaming is dying is coming from. This generation is the fastest selling generation ever for both xbox and playstatoin. Now aybe this generation could be front loaded, but no sign points to the death of gaming. Maybe PC's willl get more popular, but that's an evolution, not an extinction. 

Around the Network

Become a fan of gaming again.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.