By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - "Halo 5: Guardians" revealed : Fall 2015. More Halo at E3 for 2014 (Halo 2 ?)

kowenicki said:

Your Journey Begins in 2014

Many fans noted that I was very deliberate with my phrasing on stage at E3 last year. I spoke about a
“journey,” rather than a destination – and that journey definitely begins in 2014 with a giant leap, rather than one small step. We’ll give you much more information about our plans for this year at the Xbox E3 2014 Media Briefing on June 9, and we’re confident that “Halo” fans will be pretty excited about the special plans we have in store.

If this turns out to be "just" Halo 2 Anniversry I will be disappointed because she makes it sound like so much more.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

That Halo 2 rumor has to be real.

jlmurph2 said:
chris0409 said:
I agree that the news this reveal gave us was pretty much expected and more or less already known but this is probably supposed to hype their E3 conference.

They stressed this years Halo will be a big leap without saying what it will be, and after hearing that I have some doubts about it being an Anniversary Edition of Halo 2.

A prequel maybe? The teaser-artwork shows that Master Chief will get a new armor (I guess it's forerunner-made, it doesn't look human-made), Bonnie Ross stresses the word journey once more and calls Halo 5 the destination, a prequel sounds much more likely than a Halo 2 remake.

Except even Master Chief himself accidentally said Halo 2 anniversary. With no denial coming from 343, just no comments. Leaker who correctly showed a Titanfall console and correctly told the story of Sunset Overdrive says Halo 2 is coming. And its the 10 year anniversary. Nothing is pointing towards a prequel.

"I spoke about a “journey,” rather than a destination – and that journey definitely begins in 2014 with a giant leap, rather than one small step."

I get that but I just can't associate a Remake with a remark like that. Maybe it's just me paying too much attention to every single word, like the Ruby/Sapphire Remake with "an epic new adventure" in "a dramatic new world".

And I take that back, there's an ONI sign on the new armor.

This reveal has been a bit "anticlimatic", like every reveal of a reveal that will happen at a later date, this time E3.

But I agree that the wording used make it sound like if there's something more than Halo5 in the works. Maybe the TV show has worked and they are finally doing the movie? Another Halo spin-off to expand the universe? We'll see.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

jlmurph2 said:
vivster said:
That is ouch. I expected spring 2015.
Now if UC4 releases in early 2015 we can't compare them directly :(

When has a main Halo or Uncharted game not come out in the fall? Spring would be dumb and take away from the holiday rush.

Summer 2015 for Uncharted then? That could be possible.

Around the Network

Don't really feel like anything new has been announced here other than the title. We knew Halo was probably coming 2015 with something, most likely Halo 2 Anniversary, coming for holiday this year. Hoping for a surprise at E3

Huh. Well that kinda came out of nowhere.

Still would have been nice to just wait for E3 and show more there...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

aw no trailer, and late 2015.... well damn... i am looking forward to it, it sounds great..... but damn this wait. :(

well that opens the door for halo 2 on xbo that would be good :)

Life before death, journey before destination, strength before weakness.

Conegamer said:
Huh. Well that kinda came out of nowhere.

Still would have been nice to just wait for E3 and show more there...

While I'm aware that "everyone expected it to be at E3", I think this early announcement does take away this last bit of tension, which could've acted as a way to amplify the excitement/"hype" when the game is presented at E3.

In Far Cry 4's case I understand the early announcement, because Ubisoft want people to watch their "conference", so advertising it with something a lot of people want to see makes sense, but MS didn't need to do that, as everybody will watch their show anyway.