By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8 Lacks Racial Diversity Says Reviewer (Update)

Not enough cultural diversity either, far too many Italians shouting MAMA MIA. The series needs more Frenchmen shouting OH MON DIEU. You know, diversity for the sake of diversity.

Around the Network

Donkey Kong is brown furred. (Yes, that brings up lots of horrible connotations.)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

LMAO, somehow I knew I would see a Donkey Kong reference in the comments.

On Topic: I guess you can't please everyone. But maybe he shouldn't be thinking about that in a video game.

Shy Guy is obviously a black. It explains the black holes in the eye socket of his mask.

_crazy_man_ said:

So Toads are apparently human now too guys.

I wouldn't mind having an afro that looks like a red and white mushroom cap.

If they had put in a (insert favorite ethnicity here) character then we could have disregarded him/her as "token" or even better as a stereotypical character. You seriously cannot win on this topic. All of those characters are original Mario Bros. characters and as the OP said there is always the Mii characters to take care of that if that is important to you.

Can we not have anything where this issue does not permeate it?

Around the Network

Gee. A game made in a country that lacks racial diversity lacks racial diversity? You don't fucking say.

I wonder what it's like to live in such a society? Must be nice to not waste every second of every day obsessing over race.

the_dengle said:
Not enough cultural diversity either, far too many Italians shouting MAMA MIA. The series needs more Frenchmen shouting OH MON DIEU. You know, diversity for the sake of diversity.

Or Turkish guys beating themselves over the head.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

This article is pretty shit...

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

But facebook just told this:

vkaraujo said:

But facebook just told this:

*Insert amazing pic here*

This never gets old. ;p

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)