By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - April 2014 NPD Thread!

I think the PS4 will be closer to 300k than 200k in May and we could ('could') see a sub 100k week for the XB1. June will be interesting but I think it will still be close.

Hopefully now VGC stops undertracking the PS4 and then adjusting the following week and overtracking the XB1 by 25k a week.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Well this was all pretty horrible then, wasn't it?

The PSVita numbers are just saddening more than anything else. Also, the XOne is worryingly low but at least there's something on the way to fix that.

PS4 could have done better as well.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Seeing that 199K for ps4 makes me think now x1 did not really do so bad after all

Praise the One.

Well well well. This is grim. That PS4 number isn't exactly anything to write home about either.

Looks like we overshot Titanfall XB1 sales by some order of magnitude too, while remaining within a 10% margin of error on InFAMOUS. Kinda mirrors what happened with the hardware sales, too.

And what's this? Conception 2 didn't sell 40k FW on Vita and 20k FW on 3DS? I am shocked.

Aside from that, one thing I learnt about the Demon Gaze number a few weeks ago from Houk (NISA translator) on their forums is that NPD don't track NISA online store sales. So while 6k is low... it's not as low as I used to think with these types of games due to the fact that I'd imagine a large amount of sales come directly from their store (due to it being the only place you can buy the LE). So that's... somewhat nice. It'll still be overtracked, but I'd suggest not by 9k as it appears on the numbers here.

Oh and also, Mario Golf, what happened?  I know it'll sell with legs but these seem like really tepid first month sales.

my predictions for May:

ps4 300k
XB1 70k

Predictions for June:
ps4 200k
xb1 110k

;D

Around the Network

I overdid it on my prediction, but I was pretty accurate compared to VGC. Jesus Christ.

Also, I think it's safe to say that X1 numbers will be sub 100K for May NPD.

Also Also, I may need to rethink my prediction that X1 would be the U.S. leader by the end of the year or by next March at the latest.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Kresnik said:

Aside from that, one thing I learnt about the Demon Gaze number a few weeks ago from Houk (NISA translator) on their forums is that NPD don't track NISA online store sales. So while 6k is low... it's not as low as I used to think with these types of games due to the fact that I'd imagine a large amount of sales come directly from their store (due to it being the only place you can buy the LE). So that's... somewhat nice. It'll still be overtracked, but I'd suggest not by 9k as it appears on the numbers here.

Did he say anything about digital sales?

shakarak said:
With these abysmal console numbers, PC phones and tablets is are the FUTURE assuming the trend continues..

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

LOL, VGC 200,000+ XBOX ONE, NPD only 115,000. XD
...But 115,000 in USA for the XBOX is very less! ._.

Porcupeth said:
my predictions for May:

ps4 300k
XB1 70k

Predictions for June:
ps4 200k
xb1 110k

;D

I'm not so sure we'll see a sub 100k for the XB1 this month. It's a matter of how many people will wait for the price drop V how many people will buy the BX1 for Watchdogs. I'm thinking around 270k for the PS4 although it could be higher if Sony have held some PS4s back for the Watchdog bundle like they did with the Infamous bundle.

E3 = 8.3m - 8.5m PS4s?

The PS5 Exists.