By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - April 2014 NPD Thread!

http://i4.minus.com/immIhSH4ApAOL.png

when you look at that, it isn't that bad...

the ps4 is still easily the fastest selling console in US history.. and the xbox one is 2nd.....

mM
Around the Network
Aerys said:
BenVTrigger said:

Honestly unless something major comes from Sony this holiday there is a real chance MS could win the holidays in the US.

They're dropping price, releasing Halo, Sunset Overdrive, and Forza Horizon 2. That's a hell of a line up and so far Sony's this year appears worse. The Order could be amazing and turn out to be the next Uncharted or The Last of Us but that remains to be seen.

MS is in a bad position right now, but I think the holidays will be closer than the race has been in the US. 

You forgot about Driveclub, the other announcement at e3 ( since you count FH2 not announced yet),  Destiny and every multiplatform game helping much more the PS4.

Neither of those XBO games are system sellers, because the Halo game, is a remake, not Halo 5. Destiny and AC Unity will do more for PS4 than all the exclusives for XBO, even in USA.

shakarak said:
With these abysmal console numbers, Mobile is the FUTURE assuming the trend continues..

fixed

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

Aerys said:
BenVTrigger said:

Honestly unless something major comes from Sony this holiday there is a real chance MS could win the holidays in the US.

They're dropping price, releasing Halo, Sunset Overdrive, and Forza Horizon 2. That's a hell of a line up and so far Sony's this year appears worse. The Order could be amazing and turn out to be the next Uncharted or The Last of Us but that remains to be seen.

MS is in a bad position right now, but I think the holidays will be closer than the race has been in the US. 

You forgot about Driveclub, the other announcement at e3 ( since you count FH2 not announced yet),  Destiny and every multiplatform game helping much more the PS4.

Driveclub is an enormous 'wait and see' at the moment after its development set backs.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

colafitte said:
Aerys said:
BenVTrigger said:

Neither of those XBO games are system sellers, because the Halo game, is a remake, not Halo 5. Destiny and AC Unity will do more for PS4 than all the exclusives for XBO, even in USA.

Halo 2 Anniversay (the most loved Halo online game ever) with access to the Halo 5 Beta is a massive system seller. Forza Horizon not as much but still adds to an overall library which attracts consumers.

By no means am I stating MS for sure wins the holidays but they have a decent chance. I keep telling people its too early to claim for sure victory for anyone right now. Especially over individual seasons such as Holiday 2014 specifically.

Sony's E3 could be amazing and they could continue to dominate. Who knows the price drop on the Xbox One may have a real effect coupled with Halo. That's what I mean, don't judge anything in the US yet. 

Worldwide Sony wins hands down no contest.

Around the Network
leo-j said:

the ps4 is still easily the fastest selling console in US history.. and the xbox one is 2nd.....

Worse color scheme for a graph in history

leo-j said:

You can see X1 leveling off, wonder when Wii will pass it. 

colafitte said:
Aerys said:
BenVTrigger said:

Halo 2 is a remake of one of the most popular games in Xbox history, and is rumouredinclude revamped 3 and 4? That wont be ground breaking, but it will shift consoles.

And Destiny/AC will shift consoles for both...

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Next month will be a disaster with people knowing a $400 console is coming.

BenVTrigger said:

Halo 2 Anniversay (the most loved Halo online game ever) with access to the Halo 5 Beta is a massive system seller. Forza Horizon not as much but still adds to an overall library which attracts consumers.

By no means am I stating MS for sure wins the holidays but they have a decent chance. I keep telling people its too early to claim for sure victory for anyone right now. Especially over individual seasons such as Holiday 2014 specifically.

Sony's E3 could be amazing and they could continue to dominate. Who knows the price drop on the Xbox One may have a real effect coupled with Halo. That's what I mean, don't judge anything in the US yet. 

Worldwide Sony wins hands down no contest.

So, is there any possibility that Sony counters MS' price cut in Nov, to capture the Holidays?  Or do you think they even need to, at this point?  Or is it hard tellin' without seeing what E3 brings...prob the latter, but an interesting ace I think Sony can still play if they need to.