By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft offering pro-rata refunds for Xbox Live Gold once paywall comes down

blessedswine said:
im sorry i dont find refunding money to someone cause they were forced to pay for something they didnt want generous, if you dont want to play online but wanted to use netflix you had to get xbox gold, giving me a refund for MS finally seeing the error in this is not generous, Generous would be giving a full refund of the live subscription not just what wasnt "used".

This.  And by full refund of the live subscription, imo it's every year the person paid for while only using apps.

Around the Network

...and they lose online multiplayer.

Seriously tho, if I had either machine, I an not sure if I'd pay for Live/PS+. Most of the games I bought on PS3 and play on nonNintendo systems are single player experiences. Sure some have a multiplayer component, but they are designed and primarily played as solo games.

However, its not that much as a yearly fee and it does offer free games each month. So I probably would just get it. But I wonder how many people own a X360/Xbone and only got Live for netflix usage.

Nice offer, but I don't see why many people would take it. Even if I used my xbox just for netflix, I would still keep it for the free games each month.

Phil Spencer is good news.

Now i know what's first comment of this news in Polygon for

Around the Network

Its the right thing to do. Gotta give it to them, they are trying to win people back. Most companies would have just said "fuck it we don't give a shit"