By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8 pushes Wii U to the limit?

Areym said:
Nem said:
ps4tw said:
Considering the hardware, I imagine it'll be close to the limit.

The supposidly better hardware doesnt seem to be doing that much better though.

How so? Ryse, ISS, Killzone and sunset overdrive all look fantasic.

Nothing vastly more impressive than MK8.

Around the Network

I dislike how certain individuals are playing down Mario Kart 8...

As I said before in other threads, it is unfair to compare Mario Kart 8 with Grand Turismo or Forza because different graphical direction and I do not mean artstyle. Vehicles in Grand Turismo and Forza are mostly not texture intensive since color of the car is just a single pixel so its not resource intensive as it would be with normal textures so its basically resource intensive as Virtua Racing or Virtua Fighter for Genesis/32X.

Its not memory nor processing power intensive asnit would be with actual textures rather than practically untextured colored polygons, it is a neat trick that allows you to use far more polygons that you usually would and GT and Forza have severe LOD for car models so maximum detail of the car you could see in GT and Forza would be ifit was few meters away and GT and maybe Forza uses primitive tesselation for LOD.

It is just bunch of tricks applied to make an illusion...

consoles are always pushed to the limit day 1. Just they learn more tricks and optimize better as consoles age

At 1080p/60fps sure, it's likely pushing the wiiU to its static limit (the point at which improvement comes from "cheating" so to speak). If it's 720p/60fps lol no.

MARIO KART LOOKS AMAZING WHO CARES WHAT VIRGIN,NERDS,AND LOSERS HAVE TO SAY

Around the Network
mrfleming09 said:
MARIO KART LOOKS AMAZING WHO CARES WHAT VIRGIN,NERDS,AND LOSERS HAVE TO SAY

O dat irony.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

At the end of the day vgchartz comments mean nothing to nintendo or the people who enjoy their games get lives already

Ryudo... It is correct and wrong atnthe same time...

It depends how well the developer uses the hardware and muster its potential.

GBA mostly had 2D games yet a developer with enough effort could have reached 3D fidelity in between Jaguar and PlayStation, I remember watching few videos on youtube of some fully 3D engine demos.

GP Advance deno used DR Advance engine that was capable of displaying 45920 polygons per second with textures so 2292 polygons per frame which is amazing for a handheld that does not have 3D capabilities and without any processors helping like SNES and Genesis had for their fully 3D games...

DR Advance engine was written by a single guy in assembly which is pretty much hardcore coding, extremely low level and efficient, DR Advance engine mustered a lit of potential out of GBA... I would not be surprised if original Medal Of Honor would run on GBA... Hahaha

mrfleming09 said:
At the end of the day vgchartz comments mean nothing to nintendo or the people who enjoy their games get lives already

Then why have forums and post at all?

*Probably falling into an alt trap but o well*

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

I'm done