By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

No Xenoblade Chronicles?

Current consoles: Wii U, Gaming PC

Add me on Wii U! Adamjh99

Add me on Steam! GamingByAdam

Around the Network

I'm surprised Final Fantasy X didn't make your list, FFX-2 did. Oh well, even you said that you haven't liked some of the more popular choices. Pretty good list though regardless.

Replace Persona 4 with Persona 4 Golden on PS Vita. Clearly the best version. Also no Persona 3 FES? No Mario RPG? Hmmm...

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Glad to see Chrono Cross on this list. It`s my favorite game of all time. I absolutely loved the world and atmosphere in that game. I also loved Soul Hackers.

Cool list bro, I've played maybe three games on that list (The Fire Emblems several times, Secret of Mana but did not finished, Valkyria Chronicles but did not finished....)

I've heard a lot of ppl praising Xenogears/Xenosaga. Can it be found on the psn ?

Around the Network

My favourite is Final Fantasy X, which is also my favourite game of all time. Obviously, 100 is not sufficient enough to make a comprehensive list, so I wonder how many would be.

kupomogli said:
Farsala said:
How does WKC2 compare to WKC in your opinion?

I've played the original outside of playing the second game.  From what I know though, the second has different enemy weaknesses when using physical attacks, you gather all items at once at a gathering point, speed of the turn bar is doubled, MP recovery rate out of combat is lowered, and some changes in the classes.  Based on playing both storylines on the second game, the second games story is basically going through the first game but backwards through each area, except there's two new areas, one at the beginning, one at the end, and an extra area that you do quests at.

Mystro-Sama said:
Did you really play all of these? o.o

I finished atleast one version of all of them.  Never finished Yggdra Union on GBA but finished on PSP, never played the Dreamcast version of Skies of Arcadia, but played it on Gamecube, etc.  Finished every version of every FF game up to 10-2(excluding the HD collection.)

Cool, as a JRPG fan I have only played 10 of these lol. Guess I should try out Wild arms and brigandine at some point.

kupomogli said:
gergroy said:
You think vandal hearts 2 was a good game? Really?

Didnt think that was something anybody considered good...

I was getting towards the end and couldn't think of anything else I've completed that I liked while also leaving out games I didn't consider JRPGs even if they have  RPG elements.  I forgot Dragon's Crown though which was pretty amazing, which is also more RPG influence than beat em up.  Might add that in and remove Vandal Hearts.

That being said, Vandal Hearts isn't a bad game, it just had a gameplay element that people didn't like.  I could have added Grandia Xtreme instead and I'd think the same.  People hated the character designs, the story, and the maps, but the egg system and the battle system makes up for it.

The simultaneous movement pretty much made the game unplayable.  How they went from the amazing original vandal hearts to vandal hearts 2 is beyond me.  Did they even try playing their own game?

anyway, I know this is your list, but there are definitely better jrpg's out there if you were feeling stretched, but maybe you havent played them? Suikoden 5 is awesome as well as baten kaitos, for example.

Boutros said:
Woah none of my top 10 JRPGs are in your list XD

Final Fantasy X
Dragon Quest VIII
Dark Cloud 2
Kingdom Hearts
Kingdom Hearts II
Paper Mario
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Persona 3
Pokémon Blue
Final Fantasy XIII

Well, Im not too surprised... With the exception of final fantasy x, I dont think any of those games would be in my top 100 either... And i have played all of them except pokemon blue...

Wild Arms 2 a good JRPG? I thought it was rather mediocre. Too easy and very boring overall. A step down from the first game.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"