By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Xbox 360 at 18 million, sucks everywhere except America/Britain

http://kotaku.com/359527/18-million-360s-sold-worldwide

Just paraphrasing Kotaku, don't shoot the messenger  *hides*.  

This is off a bit from our numbers, correct?  Any comments?

Around the Network

Bad job at paraphrasing.

fkusumot said:

Bad job at paraphrasing.

They said outside of America/Britain people don't give "a rat's arse"!  Seems like good paraphrasing to me!

This is yesterdays news.

Sounds about right. There are likely less than a million 360s on store shelves around the World especially considering there really are shortages at many stores in North America.

Around the Network

The "rats arse: part was never in the interview that was something that was added by kotaku.

NYANKS said:
fkusumot said:

Bad job at paraphrasing.

They said outside of America/Britain people don't give "a rat's arse"! Seems like good paraphrasing to me!

Seems more like a reinterpretation than a paraphrase.

Doesnt that mean it also puts them 8m infornt of the ps3 not less than 7 vgcharts has it, ofcourse it means to retail but with shortages that they have been going on about I cant see a huge amount of those being usold.

Almost 8m my bad lol

celticlonewolf said:
Doesnt that mean it also puts them 8m infornt of the ps3 not less than 7 vgcharts has it, ofcourse it means to retail but with shortages that they have been going on about I cant see a huge amount of those being usold.

No, it does not. You see, you're new so....

VGChartz estimates sold through to consumers like you and me. 99.5% of all news you read, unless they are quoting VGChartz, NPD, or some other tracking firm, are reporting on "sales" to retailers as that is the only numbers MS, Sony, and Nintendo actually have.

So, according to that article MS probably told them that they stand at about 18m sold WW, sold that is to MS's customer, the retail store.