By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What if the wii would be last-gen?

What you think? What would have happened if wii would be last-gen. Discuss!

Please register :)

Around the Network

If the Wii would have been last gen, with the same marketing campaign, then the PS3 would have launched a 250 bucks.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

PS2 would have failed.

wii would have 500 million sales

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!

bet with *no one yet* that the combined first week of Monster Hunter 3 in america and europe will be 600k or more! winner changes looser sig and avatar for two months!

You mean it's not last gen!? (I kid! I kid! I love my Wii. I just couldn't resist)

If it were last gen, It would've dominated. The 'Cube was an awesome piece of technology, but with very little online support (thanks Sega!), a limited media format (tiny optical discs instead of DVD's), and a clunky purple design, that system was crippled from the start. Even without games, the Wii just looks like a cooler, fun experience.

Around the Network

What console nintendo would have in this generation, what would it be like?

Geez, it's like saying, "What if the Germans had Hydrogen Bomb in WWII"

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

..........not sure if you should change your topic mid-thread like this, but.......

I figure the next Nintendo cosole will have better graphics and online support. It would also have a Hard drive, and 100% backwards compatibility. Aside from that, who the hell knows? With the DS, and the Wii, Nintendo was completely unpredictable. They'll probably have some sort of emotion sensing sandals, or something. We won't know we wanted the new innovation, and we'll wonder how we ever lived without it.

d21lewis said:
You mean it's not last gen!? (I kid! I kid! I love my Wii. I just couldn't resist)

If it were last gen, It would've dominated. The 'Cube was an awesome piece of technology, but with very little online support (thanks Sega!), a limited media format (tiny optical discs instead of DVD's), and a clunky purple design, that system was crippled from the start. Even without games, the Wii just looks like a cooler, fun experience.

Huh, thats funny.  I think Gamecube looked cooler, regardless of the purple color. 

kingofwale said:
Geez, it's like saying, "What if the Germans had Hydrogen Bomb in WWII"

You would speak german now!