By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Trade in values for older games=literally zero

That's why i hold on to all of them. Maybe in 20 years or something they'll swing back around to being valuable, some of them.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
fallen said:

I have maybe guessing about 20-30 360 games on disc. Was thinking of trading them in towards a Xbox One. Of course I planj to keep all the Halos (I have all of them) and probably classics like Gears of War series and I'd like to even keep Crysis, and probably my Streetfighter 2  games, etc, well...

You get NOTHING for old games. Checking Amazon, they give 21 cents for most of them.

That's right, twenty. One. Cents. A whopping 37 cents for Crysis 3 on 360. I see many other titles like Rage that get this much too. Appears to be all games more than about a year or two old.

WTF? I knew it was bad but it's still stunning. There is no point at all trading in old games for this little, as long as you plan to keep the hardware (I am keeping my 360).

It's also sad how little games are actually valued at. I mean it almost makes you question the hobby.

you think thats bad, try trading in genericsportsgame06/07, they will probably charge you to take it.

If you're going to trade in a game do it soon after finishing it. You can always buy it back for less later. After 3 months the value of your game has dropped to insulting levels (unless it's 1st party Nintendo)

I sometimes bring back old crappy games if it's the choice between trash or a couple of bucks.

It's time for people to learn that you don't sell your games anyway.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Shooters and sports games are worth nothing on the used game market. If you want games that you can trade in for big bucks, you need to plays Japanese RPGs, survival horror games, and 1st party Nintendo games.

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:
You're in the wrong country. Come to Aus. Game values here don't drop for classics that are hard to find. Which mans mainly Nintendo console games lol.

i.e Starcraft 64 or Snowboard Kids2 boxed manual in mint = approx $1k, sometimes more if one hasn't appeared on eBay for a while

Also some of the good games on PS1/PS2 and Dreamcast etc.. not too sure about the other systems as I got all th games I want from them so don't keep track.

That one is because its only PAL release was limited to Aus, so all of the EU had to buy it from us meaning there is so few copies world wide =(

I really want it but cheapest I have found it is $200, so I will continue to stick to the original

ktay95 said:
Cobretti2 said:
You're in the wrong country. Come to Aus. Game values here don't drop for classics that are hard to find. Which mans mainly Nintendo console games lol.

i.e Starcraft 64 or Snowboard Kids2 boxed manual in mint = approx $1k, sometimes more if one hasn't appeared on eBay for a while

Also some of the good games on PS1/PS2 and Dreamcast etc.. not too sure about the other systems as I got all th games I want from them so don't keep track.

That one is because its only PAL release was limited to Aus, so all of the EU had to buy it from us meaning there is so few copies world wide =(

I really want it but cheapest I have found it is $200, so I will continue to stick to the original

i have two boxed copies of it lol, except one of them is dented in one corner from when i moved houses :(

If you could only see how many PS1 games I traded at Gamestop for a PS2 back in 2001.... Some great games were going for a dollar or less. Makes me sick just thinking about it. Supply and demand, bro. Supply and demand.

^ especially as I'm currently paying £5 for a lot of PS1 games now on eBay, less than a dollar is sad.

As many have said before, eBay is your best bet. Games go for their true value there, game shops need to make a profit so they buy low, sell high. So a game selling for £15 in store, where they give £2 for it for trade, may sell for £10 on eBay. Cheaper than the store so customer saves money, and better for you as you get more money back.

Hmm, pie.

Mr Khan said:
That's why i hold on to all of them. Maybe in 20 years or something they'll swing back around to being valuable, some of them.

Especially dem copies of FIFA and Madden. ;)