By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Trade in values for older games=literally zero

Wouldn't it be better in the first place to directly sell the game to someone else?

Around the Network
fallen said:

I have maybe guessing about 20-30 360 games on disc. Was thinking of trading them in towards a Xbox One. Of course I planj to keep all the Halos (I have all of them) and probably classics like Gears of War series and I'd like to even keep Crysis, and probably my Streetfighter 2  games, etc, well...

You get NOTHING for old games. Checking Amazon, they give 21 cents for most of them.

That's right, twenty. One. Cents. A whopping 37 cents for Crysis 3 on 360. I see many other titles like Rage that get this much too. Appears to be all games more than about a year or two old.

WTF? I knew it was bad but it's still stunning. There is no point at all trading in old games for this little, as long as you plan to keep the hardware (I am keeping my 360).

It's also sad how little games are actually valued at. I mean it almost makes you question the hobby.

Rage is a great game...I bet if you eBay or Craigslist them you will get more, or go into Gamestop when they are having a 50% extra deal.  Or if you have a local record store that accepts games they will usually pay more.

Unless it's retro, trading in is never worth it. Bought the first three marios on NES for £90 total the other day and they only cost this much because they are quite rare boxed now so very collectable. While, there are many X360 games out there so will be cheap for now

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

I strongly recommend you to check that link for a better idea of the value of your games:

http://videogames.pricecharting.com/