By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What Nintendo should do : microtransactions pokemon pay to win

Pokemon should be on mobile phones. That way I don't have to buy nintendo products. They will make millions with pokemon on phones.

Around the Network

Nintendo would at best get a quick cash infusion from Pokemon on mobile, then sales would drop off a cliff. The mobile market has done such a thorough race to the bottom with free-to-play that even games with a 99-cent price tag are struggling.

Selling Pokemon like Team Rocket's Game Corner?

Giovanni was right. Pokemon really means business.

Well... take out the "buy a pokemon" and it wouldn't suck.

ktay95 said:
kirby007 said:

Buy another masterball 1 dollar/euro
Buy 10 rare candies 1 dollar/euro
Buy an unavailable pokemon 2 dollar/euro

Wheres they pay to win??

None of that is going to stop you from getting destroyed =P

Instant paralysis for all your opponent's Pokemon 1 Dollar
Extra move in the same turn 1 Dollar
Cure all your Pokemon during a battle 1 Dollar

You're welcome

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

^ fine that is true PtW hehe

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

That would lead to insane amounts of profit. It would be annoying, but honestly If everything stays the same as always except for adding a new option of buying these I shouldn't be annoyed. As I wouldn't be affected.

t3mporary_126 said:
Selling Pokemon like Team Rocket's Game Corner?

Giovanni was right. Pokemon really means business.

Oh I can see it now... the internet laden with images of Iwata in a nice clean Rocket Boss outfit, "Pokemon means business!"

No, because they shouldn't just concentrate on making money. Yeah, that's important, too but before that they should change some other things which went wrong the last years and concentrate on great games^^

I don't hate Microsoft, I don't hate PC,
I don't prefer Sony, I don't prefer Nintendo.
...Ok, I love Nintendo but this is something about tolerance, ok?

I'm a gamer with one of the greatest hobbies and I want to share this greatness with everyone.

God I hope not. I hate microtransaction games.

Well, I guess I wouldn't care so long as the main game functionality wasn't changed. However, if they made it harder to get those same things... then that would make me never buy pokemon again.