By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo Waving The White Flag On Wii U? Only Forecasting 3.6 mill Shipments

animegaming said:
i really hope they don't release a new console soon in the next year or 2 cause in the end that will do more harm then good just look at sega with the saturn

Releasing a rushed successor to the Wii U is the worst thing Nintendo could do right now. That would definitely kill their home console business.

Around the Network

OUCH, I did not expect them to forecast so low. So they don't expect 10m by end of the year LTD!!!

Glad they're finally being realistic tho.

Well, it's a definite sign that Nintendo aren't planning any all out strategies to get the Wii U rolling this year, probably no pricecut and no Zelda either.

They seem to have realized that they have a dud on their hand.

Zero999 said:
Soundwave said:

You need to chill out dude. The system you keep defending is a trainwreck from a market performance POV, sooner or later you're the one who's going to have to accept that reality. 

There's been some huge bullish Wii U supporters on this board before and they've since dissapeared, most likely because the system has wildly underperformed after they made a huge fuss about it being a sure fire success. The people who were doubtful about the system early on have been vindicated as being right at virtually every quarterly Nintendo report. 

Some people just can't seperate their love for a company's games with actual cold, hard market data. 

bold: you are one of those people.

people kept saying crap about the wii even during it's peak years. So it's kinda normal but still laughable that people will bash wii u with BS.

Whereas you of course base all your Wii U predictions on hard facts and data, which is why your track record with them is so impeccable. 

DerNebel said:
Zero999 said:
Soundwave said:

You need to chill out dude. The system you keep defending is a trainwreck from a market performance POV, sooner or later you're the one who's going to have to accept that reality. 

There's been some huge bullish Wii U supporters on this board before and they've since dissapeared, most likely because the system has wildly underperformed after they made a huge fuss about it being a sure fire success. The people who were doubtful about the system early on have been vindicated as being right at virtually every quarterly Nintendo report. 

Some people just can't seperate their love for a company's games with actual cold, hard market data. 

bold: you are one of those people.

people kept saying crap about the wii even during it's peak years. So it's kinda normal but still laughable that people will bash wii u with BS.

Whereas you of course base all your Wii U predictions on hard facts and data, which is why your track record with them is so impeccable. 

gotta love zero and his cold hard facts

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

It really might not go above 15 million in lifetime ...

Seriously, at this point, I don´t know why some of you still bother with Zero.

I predict less than 15m lifetime now.

I predict less than 12M life time now, with successor coming to market Nov 2015

JGarret said:
Seriously, at this point, I don´t know why some of you still bother with Zero.

I think once the Mario Kart 8 bump comes and goes (probably around mid-August-ish) Zero will "mysteriously" dissapear like a lot of Wii U apologists have over the last year. 

Probably will come back with a new alt account.