By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Activision spending $500 million on Destiny

that number is just insane.no way they make there money back.

Around the Network

Lolz I'm sorry but this game doesn't look like it should even cost half of that.

I was interested in destiny. But in the end its an MMO. The omission of single played mode has turned my interest level zero.

Sure as hell does not look like a $500 million game. I doubt that they will break even, unless their is micro transactions and DLC out the ass.

Ok this is just too much money for a FPS....Did GTA5 even cost this much?

Around the Network

From that contract leak:

"Destiny will feature a number of DLCs, microtransactions, and value-added paid services "

Ewww, microtransactions. In a F2P MMO. Pay to win? I wonder what "value added paid services" will mean.

And no PC version?

J_Allard said:
From that contract leak:

"Destiny will feature a number of DLCs, microtransactions, and value-added paid services "

Ewww, microtransactions. In a F2P MMO. Pay to win? I wonder what "value added paid services" will mean.

Huh?

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Fusioncode said:
J_Allard said:
From that contract leak:

Huh?

What's confusing.  This is F2P is it not?  I don't recal hearing there is a monthly subscription for this game.

irstupid said:
Fusioncode said:
J_Allard said:
From that contract leak:

Huh?

What's confusing.  This is F2P is it not?  I don't recal hearing there is a monthly subscription for this game.

Pretty sure it's just a normal $60 game. I haven't heard anything about a subscription or F2P model. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!