By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Community Reborn!!!-An outbreak?! PSX has a date!!!

What did you think about Sony's Pre-TGS Conference?

It was nice 10 11.90%

Nothing that really caught my attention tbh 25 29.76%

It was awesome! 8 9.52%

Not Bad 7 8.33%

I didn't like it 11 13.10%

It was okay 10 11.90%

Needed more LoD! 4 4.76%

Decent 2 2.38%

Other 7 8.33%

Total:84

Nothing on VR while it was used in the promotional image... really?!

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Did they talked about PSVR before I got here? It was definitely there in the video and right in the center of the stage image.

Nope, nothing at all.

I stayed up until 3am just to get a price and release date, time to go cry in bed I guess XD

Im so fucking disappointed...

Not a single word about the PSVR, nada.

The thing is supposed to release the first half of this year for Christ sakes!!! This was the perfect opportunity to invest dedicated time on the thing...smh.

Ummm what the hell was that CES conference? They didn't say anything about PSVR!

BraLoD said:
AEGRO said:
Im so fucking disappointed...

Not a single word about the PSVR, nada.

The thing is supposed to release the first half of this year for Christ sakes!!! This was the perfect opportunity to invest dedicated time on the thing...smh.

We just need the pricing and a date, to be honest.
Sony spent a LOT of time talking about PSVR games during PSX last month, a damn lot of time.
We also already know about the specs and that it comes with a mini-PS4 to handle the extra fps to smooth things up and make sure it won't make you sick while using it, and that it's about to come during this first half of the year.

More than a price and a release date, i want to know how they are going to support this device with Non-Gaming content, which in my opinion will be VITAL for its success.

I dont think that this will take off based solely on videogames.

I want to know how it will work with movies, sport events, television, music content, etc.

They have their own movie department to back it up, this was the PERFECT opportunity to show the device to non gamers.

I believe in VR way beyond videogames. Imagine buying a payperview of the sport of your preference, or a concert on the first row of the show. That would be a fucking Megaton. 

I mean, this was a wasted opportunity to showcase the device to the world...i just cant shake my head enough.

Around the Network
twintail said:
bananaking21 said:
IMO Ubisoft should alternate between Assassins Creed, Farcry and Watch Dogs. one game every three years. that way each game can have a long and healthy development cycle, and each game doesnt suffer from fatigue the same way AC has.

Too long to keep the fans satisfied. At most it should be have a year break. 2 IPs year 1, 2 other IPs year 2. Get one game out every 6 months for 4 games then reset. 

that wouldnt be a bad scenario. i still think a 3 year period would be the most ideal. games like GTA proved that even if releases arent close to each other, fans would wait. 

a 3 year dev cycle would help a lot with the quality. and it would mean that they need one time per-franchise, freeing up other teams to make other games. 

BasilZero said:
Anything Playstation related announced at CES or discussed?

Don't think so.

BasilZero said:
Anything Playstation related announced at CES or discussed?

To be fair, Sony CES Conference was a total dissapointment from every point of view.

I watched it for the PSVR, which they didnt show. But browsing tech websites like CNET, they are beyond underwhelmed with what was shown by Sony yesterday, compared with companies like Samsung, Panasonic and LG.

Oculus Rift prcing:

• US: $599 (does not include shipping and tax)
  • Canada: C$849 (does not include shipping and tax)
  • UK: £499 (including tax, not including shipping)
  • Eurozone: €699 (including tax, not including shipping)
  • Australia: AU$649 (including tax, not including shipping)
  • New Zealand: NZ$699 (including tax, not including shipping)
  • Japan: ¥83800 (including tax, not including shipping)

poklane said:

Oculus Rift prcing:

• US: $599 (does not include shipping and tax)
  • Canada: C$914 (including shipping, not sure if including tax)
  • UK: £499 (including tax, not including shipping)
  • Eurozone: €699 (including tax, not including shipping)

I take it that is the official pricing or just a prediction? Sorry I haven't been following any gaming news in a while.