By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why the New ‘Legend of Zelda’ for Wii U Can't Save Nintendo- Lol?.....

Nothing can save the WiiU. Unless you get a free Vita with it.

Around the Network

Sure a Zelda ALONE can't save the Wii U. But Zelda U isn't alone as there IS Mario Kart 8, Smash Bros. will be released too etc.

All those games TOGETHER help selling Wii Us.

No one game is going to save the Wii U. Why don't people understand this.

Ocarina of Time stands as the best selling Zelda on a single console. and it didnt really do jackshit for N64, so i dont see why this new Zelda will do anything for WiiU especially since it most def not be out this year.

Do you know how much of a failure WiiU would be considered if it didn't receive a Zelda game? Of course MK8 will sell more units and push more consoles, but it can't do everything. Zelda needs to be there, and strong.

Wind Waker sold 4.6 million copies on a system with numbers WiiU has a chance at matching, and Zelda fans shunned that one at first. And LBW will match Spirit Tracks.

As a side note, do you know how hard it is to determine real sales number for the Oracle games? Some report 4 million apiece, some report 4 million together, some take a number that would be half of that 4 million and use it cut in half for the total (VGC's 1.92...)

I'm inclined to think the 4 million combined is correct. Seems reasonable.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Galaki said:
Nothing can save the WiiU. Unless you get a free Vita with it.

Funny, same with the vita. If only you could get a free wii u with it.

It's a win-win-win. Too bad neither Nintendo nor Sony wanted to win.

I really enjoy when people use the term save without defining what the barrier between saved and not saved is. In any case its not likely that a single game is going to save a console, by now it should be clear that Wii U is going to keep trucking along for a full 4-5 year life selling a few million each year with the occasional Nintendo game causing a boost.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Galaki said:
Nothing can save the WiiU. Unless you get a free Vita Ouya with it.

Fixed your post for you!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Mystro-Sama said:
No one game is going to save the Wii U. Why don't people understand this.

Most people do. Motley Fool are just retarded.

I'm new to Nintendo consoles, the Wii was my first one. But wasn't Majora's Mask a GameCube game, not an N64 game..?