By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Portal 2 Announced!!!

About near the end of this interview Kim Swift, Portal's lead designer, says that Doug Lombardi just announced Portal 2, which he hasn't. But, if Kim Swift is working on it, I'm pretty sure it's comming.

Around the Network

Assuming this is legit, awesome, awesome news. I wish more games gave me the warm, fuzzy feeling that my first play through of Portal did.

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

Hmm I loved Portal One but I was happy though that I finished it;..

Well I don't know if I love a second Portal game though because I have the feeling that it will just be the same only other puzzles....

it really shocks no-one.

Just leave EA out of the porting process, please.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

seems GlaDOS is Still Alive.. who would have thought

Around the Network

I'm worried that they may overextend themselves after the success of the first game.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

sieanr said:
I'm worried that they may overextend themselves after the success of the first game.
I agree, the humor I found in portal was very... not quite subtle, but it didn't force you to recognize it as humor right away. I think the best word to describe it might be glib. It would be very easy to ruin that humor by trying too hard or beating old jokes into the ground.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

This announcement could also be a theoretical confirmation that the game that will deliver the next half life installment will also be a compilation. To me that was the value of the Orange box the five games for the price of one. None of those games alone was worth sixty dollars no three of those games were worth sixty dollars. Those five games in the same box were easily worth sixty dollars. So another portal as part of a compilation would be wonderful.

Dodece said:
This announcement could also be a theoretical confirmation that the game that will deliver the next half life installment will also be a compilation. To me that was the value of the Orange box the five games for the price of one. None of those games alone was worth sixty dollars no three of those games were worth sixty dollars. Those five games in the same box were easily worth sixty dollars. So another portal as part of a compilation would be wonderful.

I hope so.  Episode 3 will be the final part of Half-life 2. 

That's cool, I guess I'm not overexcited for it, because it just seems like...more puzzles to me. Which is great, but sequel-hype worthy, no. But if they tack on more funny writing and all that, why not, I'll certainly buy it.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )