By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Whispered World

Trailer:

Around the Network

I should warn you all that the music in that trailer is not the actual music in the game. It's from the Spirited Away soundtrack (great movie btw). It's placeholder music. Hopefully the actual music is really good too though.

It looks like some book from the art style....WHAT IF IT IS A BOOK?????

I like that style, and I do enjoy point and click games. I may have to look into it.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

More and more EU/US point&click adventures are ported from PC to Wii or DS:

- Secret Files: Tunguska (Wii & DS)
- Sam & Max (Wii)
- Undercover (DS)
- Runaway (DS)
- Ankh (DS)

I also hope for a Jack Keane port to DS or Wii (wouldn't surprise me, as this game is from the Ankh developers).

On Topic: I like the backgrounds, but the character sprites don't fit very well imo. Anyway - looks nice.

Around the Network

Another point&click adventure, called "A New Beginning", is announced for PC, Wii & DS for Q1 2009:
http://www.adventuregamers.com/article/id,852/

As "A New Beginning" is also published by Daedalic Entertainment, it wouldn't surprise me, if "Whispered World" will be ported to other systems.

Here's a "Whispered World" first look with some more pictures:
http://www.adventuregamers.com/article/id,853/

PC release is scheduled for Q4 2008.

That trailer was absolutely horrible, it showed us nothing whatsoever, I love games like this however.

I hope the game doesnt actually look like that

naznatips said:
I love point and click games. I'll be getting this for PC, but it would be cool if they made a Wii and/or DS version as well.

You're always putting down 360 and PS3 versions of multiplatform games that are on PC so why would you want a PC point and click adventure game to go to the Wii and/or DS?

Are we seeing a renaissance of the genre?

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.