By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Website Hides Wii U Logo In Source Code

curl-6 said:
joel1989 said:

what about sony's exclusives, they have to compete against those and i don't understand  how a fps and an open world adventure game have to compete against a platformer, its a totally different genres. 

Some games compete more than others, but  essentially, a console owner has a limited budget and so any game on the system that they might buy instead becomes competition.

really? and 360/ps3 owners don't have a limited budget, how much excuses are you gonna make, you really are in denial. even you as a nintendo fan only own 2 nintendo games and 7 third party games.

Around the Network
joel1989 said:
curl-6 said:
joel1989 said:

what about sony's exclusives, they have to compete against those and i don't understand  how a fps and an open world adventure game have to compete against a platformer, its a totally different genres. 

Some games compete more than others, but  essentially, a console owner has a limited budget and so any game on the system that they might buy instead becomes competition.

really? and 360/ps3 owners don't have a limited budget, how much excuses are you gonna make, you really are in denial. even you as a nintendo fan only own 2 nintendo games and 7 third party games.

So PS3/360 owners are all billionaires with unlimited gaming funds?

curl-6 said:
joel1989 said:
curl-6 said:
joel1989 said:

no but third party games sell great on those consoles, you were making  excuses for nintendo fans having a limited budget as to why the games don't sell .

joel1989 said:
curl-6 said:

no but third party games sell great on those consoles, you were making that excuses for nintendo fans having a limited budget as to why the games don't sell.

No, I was explaining that because gamers can't buy everything, anything they might buy instead of game x is potential competition. Hence first party Nintendo games do compete with Wii U third party offerings, even across genre boundaries.

curl-6 said:
joel1989 said:
curl-6 said:

no but third party games sell great on those consoles, you were making that excuses for nintendo fans having a limited budget as to why the games don't sell.

No, I was explaining that because gamers can't buy everything, anything they might buy instead of game x is potential competition. Hence first party Nintendo games do compete with Wii U third party offerings, even across genre boundaries.

naw the whole argument is silly, the reality to why wiiu thrid party games are not sellling because only nintendo fans are buying wiiu, and they don't care for third party games , they bought the conolse toi play nintendo games the fact that not even one third party game has broken a million should make that obvious to any one with common sense.

Around the Network
joel1989 said:
curl-6 said:

naw the whole argument is silly, the reality to why wiiu thrid party games are not sellling because only nintendo fans are buying wiiu, and they don't care for third party games , they bought the conolse toi play nintendo games the fact that not even one third party game has broken a million should make that obvious to any one with common sense.

You a few posts ago: "even you as a nintendo fan only own 2 nintendo games and 7 third party games."

curl-6 said:
joel1989 said:
curl-6 said:

You a few posts ago: "even you as a nintendo fan only own 2 nintendo games and 7 third party games."

you took that out of context, you might buy third party games but nintendo fans in general don't care enough to make a difference just looks at the sales, bomb after bomb.

joel1989 said:
curl-6 said:

you took that out of context, you might buy third party games but nintendo fans in general don't care enough to make a difference just looks at the sales, bomb after bomb.

Because third parties generally can't compete with the quality first party titles offer.

curl-6 said:
joel1989 said:
curl-6 said:

Because third parties generally can't compete with the quality first party titles offer.

yet you only own 2 nintendo games.  the only nintendo games that are really good  mario games, so your saying nintendo fans only want to play mario, cause those are the only games over a million in sales. 

joel1989 said:

yet you only own 2 nintendo games.  the only nintendo games that are really good  mario games, so your saying nintendo fans only want to play mario, cause those are the only games over a million in sales.

I own Ghosts cos I was craving a Wiimote FPS, something non-Nintendo consoles don't offer. I bought Need for Speed  cos the dev actually put effort in and used Wii U's superior horsepower. I bought Sonic Racing for the 5-player splitscren, again not available on PS3/360. Every one I've bought offered something to make it better than on other systems.

And no; Nintendo gamers also bought Pikmin and Zelda, despite the latter being a remake of an old game.