By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Retro Studios is Hiring for a Skilled Enemy & Boss Programmer

Will Retro's new title be Metroid related? And will it be shown at this year's E3?

Yes, Yes. 13 24.07%

Yes, No. 15 27.78%

No, Yes. 6 11.11%

No, No. 14 25.93%

Show results 6 11.11%

Total:54

Retro is once again hiring for a new position at the company. This time they are looking for someone highly skilled with boss and enemy programming skills. See the full job description below. Purpose/Summary Individual contributor that develops, writes and debugs code for video game software and tools with a specific focus on AI programming for enemies & bosses and various other game-play systems as required. Description of Duties -Designs, develops, writes, tests and implements code. -Writes clear, maintainable, portable code. -Writes documentation for other programmers’ use. -Anticipates, identifies and articulates problem areas and develops preventative solutions. Summary of Requirements -Prior experience working on AI and/or game-play systems for video games preferred. -3+ years of experience preferred. -Effective organization, analytical and problem solving skills -Understanding of 3D techniques and algorithms and their applications in computer simulation and video game software. -Background in object-oriented design and software engineering methodologies. -Professional experience in programming C/C++ and C#. -Strong math and physics skills required. -The ability to work in a highly collaborative environment with rapidly changing requirement, with a focus on quality is a must. -Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field required, or specific experience video game programming. source: http://playeressence.com/retro-is-hiring-for-a-skilled-enemy-boss-programmer/ PE's source: https://nintendo.taleo.net/careersection/10000/jobdetail.ftl?job=140000000H

Around the Network

Aren't they constantly hiring someone? I doubt this means too much, but it's cool to know nontheless^^

Woah what the hell happened to the formatting?

How long have they been working on this one? 5 Months?
Your question, whether they will show this or not, is redundant.
I'd love to see a new metroid game though...

Metroidfreak94 said:

You never know with Nintendo ^^ maybe they'll show concept art, or atleast mention the fact that this game is in development.

and the Metroid option is still there, so is it a Yes, No or a No, No?

Around the Network
MohammadBadir said:
Metroidfreak94 said:

You never know with Nintendo ^^ maybe they'll show concept art, or atleast mention the fact that this game is in development.

As optimistic as I am, I say yes , but no ;)

I assume that it won't be revealable at E3..

Hopefully the bosses won't be as horrible as those DKC - TF bosses. I'll hand out boss 2 and 3 to them, but the rest were not fun or good.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

Bosses and enemies confirmed for Metroid Prime 4 yay!

Man, with all these news from, I am its hard for me to keep myself from being hyped for e3 T_T
Please let this e3 be epic!!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

MohammadBadir said:
Metroidfreak94 said:

Hardly anyone works there who worked on Prime 1. Even if it WAS Metroid, how do you know it'd be Retro Metroid?