By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Digital Foundry: Resolution boosted for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare on Xbox One (1568x882)

Doesn't people know COD's engine is the same that COD 2 used back in 2005 and it should be running at 1080p 60fps without any kind of trouble on the Xbox One?

Lazy developers.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
Azerth said:
well the way people keep uping the resolution for the same trailer well be over 4k by e3

There is no up resolution for the trailer... it was always 882p.

I think he was joking ethomaz

sully1311 said:

I think he was joking ethomaz

I guessed so but who knows

AZWification said:

I wonder if they will try to make the Xbone version of the game 1080p as well!

I imagine they will at least try. Really though, 900p will be fine as long as they strive for locked 60fps. It would certainly be a shame for X1 gamers to be side lined again, but 900p vs 1080p is hardly the end of the world.

This is a prime example as to how the Xbox One is holding back gaming.

Around the Network

Did Digital Foundry do stuff like that on last gen with game trailers released half a year before release? If not I wonder why? Seems like the gaming landscape is pretty dead right now if you have to write articles about games half a year away.

crissindahouse said:

Did Digital Foundry do stuff like that on last gen with game trailers released half a year before release? If not I wonder why? Seems like the gaming landscape is pretty dead right now if you have to write articles about games half a year away.

They did.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-black-ops-2-60fps-challenge

"Based on analysis of trailer footage (which seems to be from Xbox 360), the series' 1024x600 native resolution also sees a slight bump too - in one axis at least - now rendering at 880x720 with 2x multi-sampling anti-aliasing (MSAA)."

BTW that why Digital Foundry was created.

ethomaz said:
crissindahouse said:

They did.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-black-ops-2-60fps-challenge

"Based on analysis of trailer footage (which seems to be from Xbox 360), the series' 1024x600 native resolution also sees a slight bump too - in one axis at least - now rendering at 880x720 with 2x multi-sampling anti-aliasing (MSAA)."

BTW that why Digital Foundry was created.

Seems like May-June is really not much else to do  

I don't really see the problem. I mean it's 60fps. It's not like there are a lot of 1080p60 games on X1 to compare it to. I think it's actually quite good for X1. If it doesn't dip it's already better than Titanfall and the other Ghosts.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I think it's safe to say we can call the Xbone the 900p console instead of 720p How I wish MS had poured money into giving gamers a more powerful GPU than forcing Kinect on us.