By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SE announces another PS3 exclusive--MMORPG

Wow, GREAT!

More PS3 love, AWESOME!

Square, you are THE BEST! =)

Just give us KH3 now, and you will be a BEAST! =)))

SO4 also would be a good one. =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network

Now however SE has recently stated that they plan to make another MMORPG, exclusively for the PS3.

I'd be interested in seeing the source on this. Everything I've heard suggests it's a multiplatform game.

There was supposed to be a presentation at GDC on the White Engine and how it's applied to FFXIII and the new MMO. Has that already happened?

Everyone says "THE" MMO....how do we know that SE doesn't have more than one in development. Do they tell the public everything they have planned and are working on? Maybe they have a second mmo under development that is "unannounced."  Does info on one "mmo" mean they can't be doing something totally different for another mmo?

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

Oh my god... will dev's stop making 50 MMO's every year? I hate MMO's...
In the vast ocean of MMO's I can only see two that deserve any attention; Age of Conan and D&D Stormreach online. I also hear that LOTR online is cool, but it looks and seems too much like WoW (30 minute boss fights etc... lame if you ask me).

Great news ... so they are already preparing the 09 lineup for the PS3 :D

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

pretty sad how sony boys are gettin hyped for an MMO

Everyone says "THE" MMO....how do we know that SE doesn't have more than one in development. Do they tell the public everything they have planned and are working on? Maybe they have a second mmo under development that is "unannounced." Does info on one "mmo" mean they can't be doing something totally different for another mmo?

It's possible. They've developed a couple smaller MMOs in the past (Front Mission Online, Fantasy Earth, Concerto Gate) and there's a decent chance they're working on more. But this mystery project is their "big" MMO, the one made by Hiromichi Tanaka's FFXI team (so yeah, bad news to those of you who hated FFXI). If there are more MMOs in development, this one is definitely the highest-profile and biggest-budget one, and I'd guess there's an 80% chance it's Final Fantasy branded.