By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - RUMOR: Project Beast (From Software/Sony Japan Studio, PS4) screenshots

Trunkin said:

I care because the amount of hype I'm seeing for this game perplexes me, especially considering that Dark Souls 2 just came out. Do people really love the Souls series so much? Are you excited because its an exclusive, whereas Dark Souls, Demons Souls "first" spiritual successor, is a multiplat? The way I see it, this is like if Naughty dog had decided to dedicate two studios to Uncharted and uncharted spinoffs, rather than releasing something with an entirely different focus with TLOU. :/

Maybe try playing the other games then you'll understand.  Also how is this a spinoff?  

Around the Network
veritaz said:
Trunkin said:
veritaz said:

Who cares. If a game has quality I will gladly give out my money for it. You haven't even played the games so why do you care?  This game has been in development for a while already and it's about time we got a sequel/spiritual sequel to demon's souls. 

I care because the amount of hype I'm seeing for this game perplexes me, especially considering that Dark Souls 2 just came out. Do people really love the Souls series so much? Are you excited because its an exclusive, whereas Dark Souls, Demons Souls "first" spiritual successor, is a multiplat? The way I see it, this is like if Naughty dog had decided to dedicate two studios to Uncharted and uncharted spinoffs, rather than releasing something with an entirely different focus with TLOU. :/

Yes. I care about every souls game and I'm always excited for them. Doesn't matter if they are multiplat or exclusive as long as I like them. 

Fair enough, lol.

KingdomHeartsFan said:
Trunkin said:

Maybe try playing the other games then you'll understand.  Also how is this a spinoff?  

Actually, I'm planning on buying Dark Souls as soon as I get that new gpu, so I will see eventually.

It's not a spinoff, but that was just first thing that popping into my head with the uncharted metaphor. Looks more like what Samurai Warriors is toe  dynasty warriors.

Aerys said:
DemonNite told it in January !! : http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=97316936

Who still doubt of his insider skills?

lol the "beast" part is funny too, doesnt seem like a coincidence either. 

bananaking21 said:
Aerys said:
DemonNite told it in January !! : http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=97316936

Who still doubt of his insider skills?

lol the "beast" part is funny too, doesnt seem like a coincidence either.

Is it a coincidence that the old one has the Beast's demon's soul?

Around the Network

nice,be good to have a PS4 souls game

Above & Beyond

mornelithe said:
Maybe it's just me, but that picture of the partially skeletonized 'animal', looks allot like the creature from The Last Guardian, heh.

More like a mangy Irish Wolfhound, but OK. Anyway it's a pretty normal sized dog from my perspective, it's just the "camera" angle of the picture that makes it look big, if that's partly what you mean.

Looks promising. After Demon's Souls I'm interested in whatever these guys are looking to produce in a similar vein.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Trunkin said:

Now, I haven't played either series, but they look to be practically the same, just with different names and some different elements to each. They're even by the same developer.

Well for me Dark Souls is a ok game and I won't miss Dark Souls 2.

Now Demon's Souls was my personal GOTY game in 2009... I care and I will play Demon's Souls 2 and for me Dark Souls 2 is not even in my maybe list.

binary solo said:
mornelithe said:
Maybe it's just me, but that picture of the partially skeletonized 'animal', looks allot like the creature from The Last Guardian, heh.

More like a mangy Irish Wolfhound, but OK. Anyway it's a pretty normal sized dog from my perspective, it's just the "camera" angle of the picture that makes it look big, if that's partly what you mean.

Looks promising. After Demon's Souls I'm interested in whatever these guys are looking to produce in a similar vein.

A combination of the camera angle, and how the fur kinda sorta looked like feathers.  Others have agreed with me, so it's not just me :)

Stole from GAF.