By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ayrton Senna's tribute

Tagged games:

My mom was a big fan of him, great legacy, thank you for sharing this

Around the Network

The McLaren MP4/4 would have been a better tribute car.

BraLoD said:
Chris Hu said:
The McLaren MP4/4 would have been a better tribute car.

They are trying to bring other iconic cars to the game, but apparently are having issues with the licenses to do it, let's wait and see, the McLaren would be amazing too.
But the Lotus was just beautiful, I barely can wait to drive it :D

Well at least they didn't poltically correct the livery/paint job like they did with the 1986 Audi Sport quattro S1 Rally Car or what Forza 5 did with James Hunts 1976 McLaren M23 (which isn't that big of problem since you can download the correct livery).

I only got to see the end of it last night on BBC America. I'll check out the whole documentary on Netflix. I think it's in my queue actually.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

A fantastic man and country hero being homage by a superb company in a fantastic game... That is a combo breaker.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
DonFerrari said:
A fantastic man and country hero being homage by a superb company in a fantastic game... That is a combo breaker.

Indeed, he was our last hero.

I guess your forgetting that Brazil won the World Cup in 2002.

Vettel will probably end up being the best Formula 1 driver of all time.  He probably will have to chance teams if he wants to win another championship anytime soon but he is stuck with his current team for at least another year.

Chris Hu said:
BraLoD said:
DonFerrari said:

Indeed, he was our last hero.

I guess your forgetting that Brazil won the World Cup in 2002.

Except most don't care for the players that won the WC, and even some don't even care about that... but Senna is above Pelé right now. And for some brazilian friends the last soccer player that most had proud was Romário... I feel more pride on Gustavo Kierten, Diego Hypollito, César Cielo, and company than in any soccer player besides Rogério Ceni... I know Pelé was a great player but I don't care to much about him. But Senna was the reason most families would wake up every morning on Sunday and turn their TV on.

Vettel won't be the best of all time. Even if he pass Schumacher (that isn't even considered the best) in the number of titles, none of them ever had to really dispute the title point to point against a teamate of the same hability or win a championship with a worst car. No one will ever do as much fast lap in the same amount of races, no one will pass 6 cars in 1 lap in the rain with an inferior car. No one will go to Mônaco with the second worst car and have it victory robbed because of stewards. No one will payback in the same coin a year latter a foul play and fell proud of it and don't coward besides the president of the competition.

Man you have to really know Senna to compare Vettel or Schumacher... both were champions on proxy races, were like 1 or 2 of their titles were fought all the other ones they had a so superior car that rules had to be changed to try to get more competition. Nowadays we have like 4 good champions fighting out, but each of them just won wen they had better car. Felipe Massa had the chance to win with a slight worst car, but team mistake on 3 races and Hamilton luck in the last turn of Brazilian GP got him defeated.

You will never know someone so aggresive and compassionated on the track. Or someone as dedicated. Watch the documentary (that won't cover even 10% of his greatness) and maybe you will start to understand.

Did you knew he would walk over the whole circuit in foot several times to analyze every crank and nod so he could make the most in the race???

In the same race were he passed 6 in one lap he lapped all but the 2nd place (probably needed like 5 laps to do so) with an inferior car??? Once he had to start from the pitch, gone to last place, passed all, had his gear box failed and had to drive with just 2 gears in the end and still won the race?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

People complain about bashing and flaming on the forum... but they basically are the only kind of threads to get high counts... some of the praising (on videogame side) get a lot of comments, but sure there will be a little bashing as well... but the pure joy threads basically die fast.

DonFerrari said:
People complain about bashing and flaming on the forum... but they basically are the only kind of threads to get high counts... some of the praising (on videogame side) get a lot of comments, but sure there will be a little bashing as well... but the pure joy threads basically die fast.

Well ... part of the problem on this site would be that a significant portion of those who visit these forums know next to nothing about F1.  It has very little traction in the United States in the modern era.