By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Q4 Investor's Meeting - Live

KoopaKid said:

They cannot move forward until they satisfy us is why i love nintendo

and what if they never satisfy their fanbase? They never move on then? What if their definition of satisfy is completely different than yours? What if Iwata gets fired soon and the person who replaces him wants to replace the Wii U? What if retailers start to refuse to carry the Wii U?

Around the Network
benji232 said:
Iwata believes that 3.6m wiiU forecast for this FY won't be the peak year for wiiU. He also mentionned that he wanted to be more conservative with his forecast this year.

It all depends on what they have planned after this fiscal year and if software starts moving more units. We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

Max King of the Wild said:
KoopaKid said:

and what if they never satisfy their fanbase? They never move on then? What if their definition of satisfy is completely different than yours? What if Iwata gets fired soon and the person who replaces him wants to replace the Wii U? What if retailers start to refuse to carry the Wii U?

@max You are still with your what ifs ...wasn't you the one saying oh wii u production costs won't go down and they are gonna continue to sell the wii u at lost for awhile lol aren't you the one that said playstation was gonna dominate japan and only needed to sell double of the wii u into the next year to catch it lol (news note it is almost at the same level as the wii u and probably will drop below the wii u in a couple of weeks in japan  lol stop with the what ifs ...and speak facts lol...I'm just stating what you said and your what ifs lol

Nintendos going nowhere so im happy

Jays gamer hes just a sad troll with no life

Moderated - Carl (And Conegamer)

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
Scizor_99 said:
Soundwave said:
Stuff about NFP and how the figurines will work

Multiple games. It doesn't just work with one specific game. Which is actually probably smart. 

I understand. But what does it do in the game. Is it DLC or something?

My guess would be the toy does different things in different games, but generally can "collect" your data from various games that then "powers up" the figure so you can use it some way. Probably if you buy a lot of Nintendo games and unlock certain things, your figure might store that data as a reward somehow. 

*Suddenly remembers something from Sakurai about customising characters on 3DS on Smash and bringing them to Wii U... mind explodes*

Jay70sgamer said:

@max You are still with your what ifs ...wasn't you the one saying oh wii u production costs won't go down and they are gonna continue to sell the wii u at lost for awhile lol aren't you the one that said playstation was gonna dominate japan and only needed to sell double of the wii u into the next year to catch it lol (news note it is almost at the same level as the wii u and probably will drop below the wii u in a couple of weeks in japan  lol stop with the what ifs ...and speak facts lol...I'm just stating what you said and your what ifs lol

Your total lack of comprehension of what has been said is mind boggling. Not much of what you just said is what has been said.

Q&A Are up in Japanese.

Someone can translate it or give an approximation? Google translate is terrible.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/library/events/140508qa/index.html

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Scizor_99 said:

What he`s saying is you have to at least give the market a chance and not rush into a new product which could make the new opne an even bigger failure.

Nintendo did give the market a chance.... it's been out for a year and a half now. How much longer does it need? The market rejected it and Nintendo is aware of that. Hence, their god awful low sales projection. Not only that but retailers won't let themselves be used as a warehouse stocking the console for months before it moves. Retailers keep track how long they hold on to things before they sell and if a product isnt moving and similar products are then retail wont be too worried about cutting out space (and pushing it to the least visited area) of the store. It's already happening with the Wii U.

That's the same mistake Sega made with the Dreamcast.

Even if you build a loser you need to support it for a while to prove to people you WILL support it.

Otherwise potential early adopters have no faith in getting value for their console.

They'd do better to juts parachute into some respectable bottom line numbers while working extra hard to straight shoot on their next project.

Like they did with the Gamecube failure actually.

KoopaKid said:

in my personal opinion what they mean by satisfy their fanbase is to release the majority of there traditional franchises. If retailers in the west havent stopped carrying Vita than Wii U is safe, so goes for Japan where 360 is still being carried.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.