By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pac Man and the Ghostly Adventures only sold 120,000 copies across all systems, yet Namco is still releasing a sequel?

And yet they killed Namco Generations.

Around the Network

It looks like a game that cost less than 100K USD to be made, so, why stop now? If give then profit, they will make more.

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

I have no idea what this game is. Perhaps it's really cheap to make?

They already have the engine and models created so it's cheap to make a sequel rather than a completely new game. As long as the show does well expect to see games. I never played the first game but the trailer for the second looks 3D World inspired; the level design is promising.

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

Yet Namco is all up in arms about localizing games which is far less than developing a brand new game.

Around the Network

Looks like it made profit after all. Banco knows how to make that $$$.

badgenome said:
And yet they killed Namco Generations.

I guess they ran out of old arcade titles they could re release.  Plus most people use emulators for that now.

Chris Hu said:

I guess they ran out of old arcade titles they could re release.  Plus most people use emulators for that now.

Pac-Man CE and Galaga Legions were not rereleases, and you can't emulate what doesn't exist.

If it wasn't a cheap developed game then it wouldn't have made a profit :P. Look at games like Hyperimdension or atelier that barely pass the 100k mark, but they keep getting sequels because they're making a profit. Industry needs cheaper games that fit a niche audience!

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)

It seems that Namco made a profit with the ghostly adventures products, there's going to be a second season of the cartoon too.