By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Driveclub release date

jlmurph2 said:
nnodley said:
jlmurph2 said:
This game having a PS+ version AND coming out on the same day as too many other games just screams failure. Hopefully I'm wrong but if this and The Order are all Sony has this holiday people are gonna be pissed.

Exactly how many big first party games are ever released during the holidays?  Hardly ever more than 2, maybe 3 if one is a slighly smaller title.  I mean it's opinions and all, but who the hell would get pissed if you get driveclub in October and The Order in November.  Especially if they review well and word of mouth is good.  Only people who will get pissed are the ones who don't want them, but I've had plenty of times where I don't want any of Sony's first party offerings and I don't get pissed because I know others will enjoy them

If you look at the reason people bought a PS4, those games are not too high on the list. Driveclub is a genre that not everyone likes while also going to be partially available for PS+ members. The Order will have no co-op or any multiplayer so it lacks reason for replay value. Those are not good fall games. Especially not good fall exclusives. Im just saying. 

1st Do you have a PS4?  2nd I actually bought a PS4 for Killzone and Driveclub and know of three friends who got Xbox when Driveclub was delayed.  We had talked since February 13 about how our club would dominate.  So to say there was no launch hype for Driveclub is RIDICOULOUS. As far as The Order is concerned, it has the potential to be the next Uncharted so I don't know where any of your statement is coming from.  Besides PS4 owners will Have Destiny for multiplayer and Project Cars if they don't like driveclub so no one will be pissed.  Pissed is what I am now with my Xbox ONe until Halo comes out.  No matter what anyone says Forza and Deadrising get boring after playing them for a year (Nov 2013 releases and halo will hopefully release Nov 2014).

Around the Network
Xenostar said:
jlmurph2 said:
nnodley said:
jlmurph2 said:
This game having a PS+ version AND coming out on the same day as too many other games just screams failure. Hopefully I'm wrong but if this and The Order are all Sony has this holiday people are gonna be pissed.

Exactly how many big first party games are ever released during the holidays?  Hardly ever more than 2, maybe 3 if one is a slighly smaller title.  I mean it's opinions and all, but who the hell would get pissed if you get driveclub in October and The Order in November.  Especially if they review well and word of mouth is good.  Only people who will get pissed are the ones who don't want them, but I've had plenty of times where I don't want any of Sony's first party offerings and I don't get pissed because I know others will enjoy them. 

If you look at the reason people bought a PS4, those games are not too high on the list. Driveclub is a genre that not everyone likes while also going to be partially available for PS+ members. The Order will have no co-op or any multiplayer so it lacks reason for replay value. Those are not good fall games. Especially not good fall exclusives. Im just saying. 

So basically your saying only Multiplayer First person shooters count. Good to know. 

When did I say that? Nice job putting words in my mouth. If The Order at least had co-op then i wouldn't even be making this point. There's plenty of other genres people like.

jlmurph2 said:

When did I say that? Nice job putting words in my mouth. If The Order at least had co-op then i wouldn't even be making this point. There's plenty of other genres people like.

You said not everyone likes Driving Genre, well guess what there are people that dont like every Genre, But Driving is certainly one of the more popular ones. 

If you think people are gonna be pissed with a Driving game and a 3rd person shooter, two of the most popular genres outside FPS, then i dont know what to say. 

You know what, cancelled my pre ordered, Sony can't keep getting away with crap like this. Hyped the game as a launch title (pretty much a lie at this point), now they are asking us to wait 6 more long ass months for the game, almost a year later than originally promised.
They have been doing this for 20 years and every year a few of their games get pushed back to oblivion.
Its simple, dont announce shit until you are certain without a doubt that you can deliver on that date.

Did they fire the dude that was heading the game or did he leave? If he got fired he freaking deserved it!

GotBoth said:
jlmurph2 said:
nnodley said:
jlmurph2 said:

Exactly how many big first party games are ever released during the holidays?  Hardly ever more than 2, maybe 3 if one is a slighly smaller title.  I mean it's opinions and all, but who the hell would get pissed if you get driveclub in October and The Order in November.  Especially if they review well and word of mouth is good.  Only people who will get pissed are the ones who don't want them, but I've had plenty of times where I don't want any of Sony's first party offerings and I don't get pissed because I know others will enjoy them

1st Do you have a PS4?  2nd I actually bought a PS4 for Killzone and Driveclub and know of three friends who got Xbox when Driveclub was delayed.  We had talked since February 13 about how our club would dominate.  So to say there was no launch hype for Driveclub is RIDICOULOUS. As far as The Order is concerned, it has the potential to be the next Uncharted so I don't know where any of your statement is coming from.  Besides PS4 owners will Have Destiny for multiplayer and Project Cars if they don't like driveclub so no one will be pissed.  Pissed is what I am now with my Xbox ONe until Halo comes out.  No matter what anyone says Forza and Deadrising get boring after playing them for a year (Nov 2013 releases and halo will hopefully release Nov 2014).

I didn't say Driveclub had no launch hype, I'm saying after the delay it became a background game to the other exclusives. Not sure why you brought Xbox One into it but there's plenty to play before Halo 5 comes out. Titanfall, Plants vs Zombies, Project Spark,  Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break, Possible Forza Horizon 2, Possible Halo collection. Not sure why you would buy an Xbox One that early if you just wanted Halo. Sorry to hear that. 

Around the Network

I have little to no interest in driving games, but damn the environments in Driveclub are haaawwt.

Xenostar said:
jlmurph2 said:

You said not everyone likes Driving Genre, well guess what there are people that dont like every Genre, But Driving is certainly one of the more popular ones. 

If you think people are gonna be pissed with a Driving game and a 3rd person shooter, two of the most popular genres outside FPS, then i dont know what to say. 

You know very well that wasn't my only reason for why people would be pissed. BTW I'd say open worlds and RPGs are pretty popular too. Just look at GTA V, Infamous, Skyrim and how people can't wait for The Witcher 3

Solid release dates are always a good thing for a game delayed this long. I'm sure the original game had heavy use of the Playstation camera and with Sony's policy change in May of last year, most likely changed the dynamic of this game, thus starting from scratch essentially. Most gamers tend to be patient, no matter how loud the game forums say otherwise, I'm sure this will be a nice title for the fall.

As usual the ones complaining tend to be the ones who have no vested interest in the system...*Insert miyamoto quote*

PS.Blog confirmed Free Plus Edition and 1080p

Framerate and new 1080p gameplay footage to come late this week.

Why is this topic full of xbox guys who don't own/like the PS4?