By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Do you keep your old stuff?

I did, now I have too much junk and have started throwing things away

Steam/Origin ID: salorider

Nintendo Network ID: salorider

PSN: salorider

3DS Friend Code: 4983-4984-4179

Around the Network

Yes. I don't sell my stuff, period. Electronics especially. Never know if you'll regret it down the line.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Man, you can install win95 in a VM (Oracle Virtual Machine is free) and run the DOS based games with DOS box or scumm for the Lucas Arts adventure games (same goes for old consoles, you can be nostalgic for only a few 8,16,32-bit games, beyond that this is too much for me anyway...).

I am not found of old hardware unless it's iconic (the original Apple II, Comodore 64 Macintosh computer, the Atari ST 512, any 68k based Amigas... etc. Maybe the very first IBM PC, but that was a pretty boring machine even in its hay days) no gaming PCs is iconic, maybe specific parts, like an old 3DFX card or Turtle Beach sound card... but since the true gaming PCs are all assembled they are purely a vehicule for the software and I see no possible attachment to them individually, keep in mind that I can't recall the last time I bought a complete system all at once, parts come and go out of that PC box all the time.

Usually yes, at least if it's still working in theory.
My 19" CRT monitor died 2 years ago and thus had to get rid of it.