By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Chrono Trigger remake was in development for ps2.

There are tears on my face that won't dry,until the day CT2 is coming to a console near me.

Tempus fugit Nintendo manet.

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Member - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Regular - Pass 2k
Level 4 - Addicted - Pass 5k
Level 5 - Obsessed - Pass 10k
Level 6 - Old Guard - Pass 20k
Level 7 - Legend - Pass 50k
Level 8 - Demi-God - Pass 100k
Level 9 - God - Pass 250k
Level 10 - Zeus - Pass 500k

New Table:

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Rookie - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Padawan - Pass 10k
Level 4 - Sea Dog - Pass 25k
Level 5 - Captain - Pass 50k
Level 6 - Agent - Pass 100k
Level 7 - Elite - Pass 175k
Level 8 - Hero - Pass 250k
Level 9 - Legend - Pass 500k
Level 10 - Titan - Pass 1 Million

Around the Network

Yes, screw SE for wanting to protect their property and wanting to keep the possibility to make huge amounts of money off this property when they do decide to re-release it. Those dirty bastards...

It would already be nice to see the original released on the VC... that doesn't cost Squarenix much money, and they can be sure it will be successfull: it's really a cult game, and many people are still interested, when you see the ridiculous prices on ebay...

"A beautiful drawing in 480i will stay beautiful forever...

and an ugly drawing in 1080p will stay ugly forever..."

wow it sucks that they cancled it

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

I cant help thinking this game/version would have sucked.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Around the Network
68soul said:
It would already be nice to see the original released on the VC... that doesn't cost Squarenix much money, and they can be sure it will be successfull: it's really a cult game, and many people are still interested, when you see the ridiculous prices on ebay...

As long as you don't get one that's "near mint" or new in the box, it's generally about $20-ish on eBay.  If you want to suffer through the terrible PS version it's even less.

twesterm said:
68soul said:

As long as you don't get one that's "near mint" or new in the box, it's generally about $20-ish on eBay. If you want to suffer through the terrible PS version it's even less.

Yeah. Somehow the PS versions of SNES games were all worse. Still, it was the only way i could get my hands on a lot of classics.

I still don't understand why the audio was worse... 

Probably was a bad game... I am happy with my Chrono Memories as they are.

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

Interesting new video. I remember when the effort was scrapped and didn't think they were this far along in development.

Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer

After Square had the guts to release Chrono Cross, I just do not care anymore. Chrono franchise is dead and that is not so bad when you consider they could make another game like Chrono Cross.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."