By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Should Sony make original TV shows for PS4?

Microsoft is bringing original content to XBO, should Sony follow suit? They already have an advantage because they've been in the TV business for many years, they've worked on Breaking Bad, Community, Shark Tank, Seinfeld, The Boondocks, and more. Does it seem like a good idea? 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network

Hell no, it's more than likely will turn out to be shit

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Tough call...would be interesting for sure. I could see them making a profit with them. I thought it was a questionable decision by Netflix to do it, but their original shows like House of Cards have been hugely successful.  Orange is the New Black is awesome, IMO.

No.. if they should do something.. they should make a "netflix/hbo thing.. (for all fomats) and offer it for free on ps4.. (or as part of ps+)

FromDK said:
No.. if they should do something.. they should make a "netflix/hbo thing.. (for all fomats) and offer it for free on ps4.. (or as part of ps+)

Well they own Crackle which is a free streaming service. Though Crackle is also available on Xbox Live so it wouldn't be exclusive. 

Around the Network

I personally would probably never watch them, being as my consoles are pretty much used exclusively to play games. When i want to watch tv/netflix/blu-ray, i do that in the living room. That being said i think there are plenty of people who would watch them, so i don't see how it hurt. I mean they already make tv and movies for the public, why not have Playstation exclusive shows?

I'd rather they don't. There is already plenty of amazing TV out there, a lot of which is available through netflix which you can already get on your PS4. I have no interest in Sony (or MS for that matter) spending several million $ on a niche TV show for a product the vast majority of people buy to play games on.

Not to mention it's an incredibly ineffective way of selling systems. Anyone who doesn't own the system is just going to pirate it, and there is jack shit MS or Sony can do to stop them :p

chapset said:
Hell no, it's more than likely will turn out to be shit

Why?

No, they already make movies for world wide cinemas that they should be leveraging, they dont need to make internet TV shows for a GAMES console.

hell no, id rather them spend the time, energy and money on more games..

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz