By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Have Sucker Punch Invented A New Art Form?

I wouldn't call it a new art style, but still, god damn does infamous look good :P

Around the Network

Da fuck. Do his shoes really look that good? shit.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

If you think Windwalker or Pikmin are good examples then you haven't got a clue what I'm on about.

The PS5 Exists. 

The photomode in GT is really popular too and offers options you would find on a DSLR camera.

GribbleGrunger said:
If you think Windwalker or Pikmin are good examples then you haven't got a clue what I'm on about.

You are about to tell us how awesome you think Infamous' graphics are (or geneally PS4 graphics, I am still undecided considering your attitude on the internet) and that you think with the photo mode there is a new way of art introduced. And as always it happens to be that you can't get all opinions together when if comes to art.

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:

Sounds like you don't know what art is.

Maybe the photo options in those games aren't as good, or maybe they are just photos people took of the actual games. Either way they are art, just like the Infamous shots.

walsufnir said:
GribbleGrunger said:

You are about to tell us how awesome you think Infamous' graphics are (or geneally PS4 graphics, I am still undecided considering your attitude on the internet) and that you think with the photo mode there is a new way of art introduced. And as always it happens to be that you can't get all opinions together when if comes to art.

I'm about to tell you how 'awesome' Infamous graphics are? Yep, you've definitely missed the point.

The PS5 Exists. 

look like any screen shots from any game to me. (yes the graphics look better!) They do not look any more artsy than all of the other screen shots i see people take in games. Many games have had a photo mode or picture taking in them (at least pc games)

J_Allard said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Sounds like you don't know what art is.

Maybe the photo options in those games aren't as good, or maybe they are just photos people took of the actual games. Either way they are art, just like the Infamous shots.

I know exactly what I'm talking about because I'm the person who's trying to define it in a way people can undethrstand. You clearly don't understand what I'm saying so I've failed in my attempt.

I can post hundreds of screenshots of ISS without a problem, but that isn't what I'm talking about. There has to be a level of photorealism to achieve what I'm talking about. It's not about resolution or poly count, it's about taking real world photgraphic knowledge and applying it to Infamous. Those Pikmin pictures say nothing about the person that captured them.

The PS5 Exists. 

No they did not. They put a photo mode in their game, and they're far from the first to do so. Some people take particular good shots, others take more simple, basic ones. You can find examples of both in every game with a photo mode.

Obviously, the fact that inFamous is a new game on new gen hardware, and is set in a beautiful open world sandbox means there's ample opportunity to take some great shots.