By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Have Sucker Punch Invented A New Art Form?

Just like most people, I've been impressed with what people have done with 'photo-mode' in Infamous: Second Son, but I'm beginning to realise it actually goes way beyond your usual approach to taking screen shots. They appear to have created something I can't recall seeing before: Virtual Photography. Some photos are clearly just grabs to impress with the graphics and lighting but others are masterfully framed and meticulously positioned. They approach their subject matter as they would in real life as apposed to your traditional framing of a screen grab. Here's some examples so you know what I mean. To me, this is art because they're capturing something that goes beyond a screenshot:

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

dat shoe!, I think nobody realizes but Sucker Punch just owned everyone and I mean everyone right now in terms of graphics.

petroleo said:

dat shoe!, I think nobody realizes but Sucker Punch just owned everyone and I mean everyone right now in terms of graphics.

spoken like carrie bradshaw

I'm not sure of the extent of the photo mode in Infamous but Pikmin 3 photo mode could yield some rather beautiful results too I.e. you had an actual camera that you could use to set up and frame shots.

petroleo said:

Im not talking graphics here. Each of those photos expresses something that's unique to the eye of the person who took it. That's frigin' art!

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

I dont see the difference between it and something like GT's photo mode, the photo abilities in Halo/Blops, or virtually any PC game. You can find "artsy" pictures in all of them.

Virtual photography is not a new thing.

J_Allard said:
I dont see the difference between it and something like GT's photo mode, the photo abilities in Halo/Blops, or virtually any PC game. You can find "artsy" pictures in all of them.

Sorry, I've only ever seen screenshots of those games.

The PS5 Exists. 

J_Allard said:

Honestly I was thinking this. Some of those Halo screens, I guess it's different because the graphics are better idk. I hope more games add this feature though.

iceland said:
J_Allard said:

Honestly I was thinking this. Some of those Halo screens, I guess it's different because the graphics are better idk. I hope more games add this feature though.

Can you post an example of virtual photography in Halo?

The PS5 Exists.