By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Questions about Gran Turismo 5

I agree

GT5 is very important, a lot more than any others Sony IP

Time to Work !

Around the Network
Dogs Rule said:
Onyxmeth said:

I read that when Polyphony released Gran Turismo 4 Prologue, it took them a full year to get Gran Turismo 4 out. It doesn't sound very promising, but I hope they can bring it out complete and timely.

That is really rotten to double charge people for the same content. Considering how Prologue is probably only 20% of the content GT5 will have, without the car damage that they say won't be added until the full release, how can they charge 66% of the retail price? You shouldn't have to pay extra because of delays caused by Sony. It's not a very good way to treat the fans.

The people who buy prologue know what they are getting into, so its not rotten.

Just because you know what you're getting into doesn't mean you can't think it's a rotten situation. You're paying $40 dollars to get about 20% of a game that will retail for $60. Plus it's only for about 7 months. I could see the argument if this were exclusive content you could add back into the full release, but it's not. This is nothing more than a bloated demo and I think most would agree it shouldn't have retailed for more than $20.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Dogs Rule said:

The people who buy prologue know what they are getting into, so its not rotten.

Seeing that statement made me rethink my purchase.  I think I'm going to cancel my preorder and just wait for the full version.  That just saved me 40 bucks!  VGChartz rule!

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

GT5:P could be seen as a demo, but it still has more vehicles than motorstorm and it has 16 player online. $40 is a lot, but in Europe its only £18 so I am considering getting it.

It will have a unique playstyle unlike the main GT, you won't start with a low car and buy your way up. You'd do challenges in the single player to win a car per race. Then you'll have the open multiplayer.

Around the Network

I believe Prologue is already out in Japan, so the only thing going on probably is translation for western gamers. Other than that most of the people at Polyphony are putting the last touches into the game and polishing it up to as close to perfection as they can get as Kazunori Yamuchi (lead developer) is a perfectionist and, as mentioned, isn't afraid to delay a game so that the mistakes they made by rushing GT2 don't get repeated.

I have hope that it will be released this year.
And Prologue can be considered a bad way to treat the fans, or it could be considered an awesome way to treat the fans.

With the shear amount of time invested modeling each car in that game, all to 1080p at 60fps, the end result will be brilliant.
Poly-Digi knows how long this game is taking, and as a treat , the hardcore fans have the option of essentially overpaying for an early piece of the final product.

IMO Gears 2 will be a monster game for Microsoft by default because it has to be.
The release/delay of GT will not have a competitive impact on the success of the 360/gears in any way.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

tombi123 said:
GT5:P could be seen as a demo, but it still has more vehicles than motorstorm and it has 16 player online. $40 is a lot, but in Europe its only £18 so I am considering getting it.

Same with me, if it was any more than that I would not get it, but it is a very good price, and we get it before America, as the realease has been confirmed as March 28th.

I think more people would buy GT5:Prologue, if Sony/Polyphony made the Prologue version upgradeable to the full version (for an additional ~$30-40 ), well I know that I would.

Whats the difference between paying 100(40 fo "demo" 60 for full length) dollars for a game you really want to play before its out and paying 400 dollars for an Iphone... Or 3,000 dollars for Macbook Air... You are paying to be an early adapter. to do something you really want to do. This is the trend of technology get use to it.