By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Playstation vs Nintendo 64

What's your favourite?

Playstation 343 52.61%

Nintendo 64 307 47.09%

Total:650

Playstation and it's not even close. Arguably has the best library of all time.

N64? There were only a handful of titles worth picking up.

Around the Network

I love Crash (ND Crash), Ape Escape, MGS, loved Tony Hawk, LOVE Spyro, Tekken 3 (only fighter I ever got good at), Rally Cross, Spiderman 1 & 2, and a bunch of others I'm forgetting because damn that system had a lot

Sure Smash, Goldeneye, Ocarina, Majora's, Mario Party, and Mario 64 I LOVE as well but...DAMN THIS IS TOUGH!!!

Ok here's the compromise.  N64 is better if you have 2 or more people.  PS1 is better for single player (remember I don't like FF but I have to count it in the overal score).

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Turkish said:
PS1, N64 was basically Rare's console.

That wasn't necessary a bad thing though!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

kljesta64 said:
n64 less games but better overall titles

ps more games cd player

voted n64

This sums up my thoughts as well.

For me, the PS had more "good" games; the N64 had more "great" games.  Only the masterpiece that is Castlevania: Symphony of the Night can compare to the N64's finest.

They're both good consoles, but the N64 wins IMO.

BraLoD said:
platformmaster918 said:
I love Crash (ND Crash), Ape Escape, MGS, loved Tony Hawk, LOVE Spyro, Tekken 3 (only fighter I ever got good at), Rally Cross, Spiderman 1 & 2, and a bunch of others I'm forgetting because damn that system had a lot

Tekken 3 was so fun to play with friends, back in the time we got together and made championships and were so fun, but that damn Eddy was too much to bear, we had only one rule: No one can pick Eddy. Lol (even thought he was our fighter, being a brazilian).

I always played as Eddy or Law I just like quick guys and mashing XO with Eddy.  Heihachi had some of the coolest moves as well.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network

PlayStation. I liked the massive library and variety. It's truly one of the greatest systems of all time.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

Voted n64. Yes, the playstation had more variety, but you really could not go wrong that generation (unless you purchased a Saturn, sorry).

I think, considering its very small library 387 official releases (84 Jap exclusive, 50 NA, 4 EU ... wikipedia), it had the largest percentage of quality software of any system to this day. Sure, PS2, for example, had a lot of great games, but there are over 2000 PS2 games with many many shovel ware titles filling up the list. 

If someone is really bored, try to tally up all of the games that are considered quality (using standard of high score or whatever) and figure out what % of the total are high quality/classics.

Maybe I will do it if I feel like making a thread... unless someone has already done this?

This is a no contest. Playstation all the way.

Playstation 1.

S.O.T.N
Metal Gear Solid
CTR
Wipeout
Gran Turismo

OMG.............. The memories.

I prefer PS.
Xenogears
FF7 8 9
FF tactics
Chrono Cross
Metal Gear
Spyro
Crash
Tomb Rraider
Dino Crisis
Silent hill
Legend of Dragoon
Yugioh Forbidden Memories
Vagrant story

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)