By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 7 Tournament Today! (4/27/14) 1pm EST/5pm GMT! <(^_^<)

Tagged games:

Conegamer said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Conegamer said:
A PM would be nice. This is technically a needless thread and we have had no problems before...so why create a new one?

A new one what? You said you're not doing anything tomorrow, let alone a MK7 tournament, so where's the issue? D:

In the past such incidents have been covered by you or someone else in the thread; though. So why change that now? 

Why not? Again where is the issue? I'm the one hosting the tourney, so I need to be able to control the OP and thread title. Also this thread is purely about the tournament, whereas the Nintendomination thread is all over the place, and this is a new thread, so I feel that'll make it will be more inviting to new people, and we already have two potential players here who I don't remember having played in MK7 tourneys before, so that idea is holding true!

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:

Why not? Again where is the issue? I'm the one hosting the tourney, so I need to be able to control the OP and thread title. Also this thread is purely about the tournament, whereas the Nintendomination thread is all over the place, and this is a new thread, so I feel that'll make it will be more inviting to new people, and we already have two potential players here who I don't remember having played in MK7 tourneys before, so that idea is holding true!

Fair enough. I'd like to stress that this is only a one week thing due to personal reasons and I'll be back in action next week. 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Fair enough. I'd like to stress that this is only a one week thing due to personal reasons and I'll be back in action next week. 

Personal reasons? Are you telling me you can't stand it when someone other than you host a tournament mawn!? xD

Einsam_Delphin said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

My 3DS's shoulder buttons still don't work most of the time, but I can join regardless if more people sign up.

I have that same problem! Strangely enough, blowing long and hard on them seems to fix the issue for a good while!

That worked for me too back when the problems started. Now there just seems to be too much shit stuck down there for it to be blown away :/

OT: Fuck those massive threads. There is never a clear line where the latest topic/discussion starts or ends.

New sales threads are made every time new numbers are in, and new Mafia rounds always had new threads. For the sake of convenience, I'd say same thing should be the case for tournaments.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Conegamer said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Personal reasons? Are you telling me you can't stand it when someone other than you host a tournament mawn!? xD

Nah, I mean I can't host because of personal reasons

Around the Network
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

OT: Fuck those massive threads. There is never a clear line where the latest topic/discussion starts or ends.

New sales threads are made every time new numbers are in, and new Mafia rounds always had new threads. For the sake of convenience, I'd say same thing should be the case for tournaments.

I feel you. I was luckily enough to join when it was created

But if you want to understand what's going on there, just join at some point, pay attention to what's being talked about, and before you know, you're part of a gang!

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

My 3DS's shoulder buttons still don't work most of the time, but I can join regardless if more people sign up.

I have that same problem! Strangely enough, blowing long and hard on them seems to fix the issue for a good while!

That worked for me too back when the problems started. Now there just seems to be too much shit stuck down there for it to be blown away :/

Try cleaning em out with the corners of a piece of paper. I've also been doing that first before blowing on em!

And yes I agree!

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

I like to feel with the NintenDomination thread at least that such a problem isn't as prevelant. The thread doesn't move overly quickly, and every weekend we play in tourneys which are displayed in the thread title. Even if you don't take part in the thread you can appear in the tourneys at least.

Conegamer said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

I like to feel with the NintenDomination thread at least that such a problem isn't as prevelant. The thread doesn't move overly quickly, and every weekend we play in tourneys which are displayed in the thread title. Even if you don't take part in the thread you can appear in the tourneys at least.

Well, I just went through 130 posts just to find where the latest tourney discussion ended. And not even further scrolling to where that discussion started lead me to a list of the participants, while the first post of the thread mentions an MK7 tournament ending weeks before that one.

In other words I pretty much found what I expected.

Plus the upcoming Mario Kart 8 tournaments are bound to have more people than any tournament we've had here in a long time, meaning even moar clutter!