By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 vs. Xbox One: We Now Have a Clear Winner

Sony is doing great, if they keep the strategy of great value and great exclusives, they will destroy all competition this gen.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network
fps_d0minat0r said:
sales2099 said:

Well 360 is on track to almost quadruple Xbox lifetime sales because MS decided to "flip the board". And Nintendo did the Wii approach because of PS2 success.

Winning while choking the life out of compeition makes them all the better for the next round

Yeah because people like staying loyal to products which got 'choked' by the competition and came to an early death.

The wii got choked for games and people rememberd that with the wii U and considering PS4 is much more popular than the X1 despite having mostly indie games. That says the trust is with them, not MS for how the last few years of 360 has been.

When a new gen launches, customers dont just forget about everything that happened before, they take it into account when deciding what to buy next time.

It isn't about loyalty, its about the games. 360's first 5 years were great in that regard. Hence its 81 million sales. Just an example that flipping the board and getting a head start on the next gen can have great benefits.

The Wii is a exception to this rule because it appeals to different demographics. I purely meant that with gamecube doing so badly, Nintendo had to flip the baord in their own way by doing motion controls.

Gamers are more fickle then you think. For all their principle, if a console keeps releasing great games, they will always buckle. Like a EA hater who swears off their games yet keeps buying BF.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

No. There isn't a clear winner. Last generation proves this. The Wii sold more consoles than anybody, but without doubt Microsoft made more money on their console selling less. Sony started off last generation in abysmal shape, only to come through in the clutch near the end of the generation. Nintendo began losing money for the last couple years.

Everything is up in the air. The generations are different now. These companies have the ability to "reinvent" their consoles through software changes over the coming years to attract a new audience. Those who buy PS4's could be playing Xbox One's in a few years. There are too many variables. A clear winner won't be apparent until the next generation (assuming there is one) starts.

Author of science fiction and other genres, I write under the pen name Desmond Shepherd. The second season of my series The Permanent Man premieres on November 11, 2014. Pre-order the season premiere The Walls Have Ears on Amazon today!

I think it will be at least 4 or 5 years before there is a clear winner.

dreamcast210 said:
No. There isn't a clear winner. Last generation proves this. The Wii sold more consoles than anybody, but without doubt Microsoft made more money on their console selling less. Sony started off last generation in abysmal shape, only to come through in the clutch near the end of the generation. Nintendo began losing money for the last couple years.

Everything is up in the air. The generations are different now. These companies have the ability to "reinvent" their consoles through software changes over the coming years to attract a new audience. Those who buy PS4's could be playing Xbox One's in a few years. There are too many variables. A clear winner won't be apparent until the next generation (assuming there is one) starts.

I don't buy that. The Wii was the only one of last gen that didn't sell at a loss.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
Hiro94 said:
I think it will be at least 4 or 5 years before there is a clear winner.

that seems the likely outcome, but if the current trend continues for another year or so it might be quite telling earlier than would normally be expected.

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date