By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would you like Mario Kart and Smash Bro to have additional DLC?

DLC for Smash and Kart?

Yes for Smash 9 5.73%

Yes for Kart 22 14.01%

Yes for Both! 74 47.13%

*** off DLC 36 22.93%

I don't care 8 5.10%

too hard to decide/results 8 5.10%

Total:157
outlawauron said:
I don't understand why people are down on Smash DLC. It makes so much sense, I don't understand why people would not want it.

Considering they had usermade stages for free in Brawl that you could download it would probably piss some people off if they start charging for more stages when they could just have users make their own stages and put the best ones up to download.  Sure Nintendo could make some better themed stages but Brawl/Melee had enough stages for me.

Characters would be tough to add due to balancing issues.  Also, how many characters do you really need?  There were a ton in Brawl.

Around the Network

I hate DLC, but even I'd pay $5 for four new tracks and character. I'm part of the problem.

sethnintendo said:
outlawauron said:
I don't understand why people are down on Smash DLC. It makes so much sense, I don't understand why people would not want it.

Characters would be tough to add due to balancing issues.  Also, how many characters do you really need?  There were a ton in Brawl.

Does that really matter? They've never bothered to patch Brawl with all of its balance problems.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
sethnintendo said:
outlawauron said:

Does that really matter? They've never bothered to patch Brawl with all of its balance problems.

Basically, I believe Nintendo kind of screwed themselves with past releases being so complete (ton of things to do, etc).  So if they start nickel and diming the sections out then this would upset their fanbase.  A lot of third party companies have gotten away with this but I believe Nintendo would have a harder time pulling it off without pissing off a majority of their fanbase.  Imagine a game like Animal Crossing with paid DLC...  Disgusting

NintendoPie said:
I will buy it if it's free.

I guess that means no.

They usually have some free DLC.

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:

They usually have some free DLC.

If there's free DLC, and it's good, then I'll be there to buy it.

I'm pretty sure there will be dlc for mk if not both games. Seems to be the path Nintendo is heading down and mariokart would be the perfect game to implement it. As long as it's reasonably priced and worth the purchase I'm all for it as long as the original release isn't left wanting because of it.
If mariokart 8 is released with missing modes or less tracks than usual I will be both annoyed and suspicious .

mushroomboy5 said:
I'm pretty sure there will be dlc for mk if not both games. Seems to be the path Nintendo is heading down and mariokart would be the perfect game to implement it. As long as it's reasonably priced and worth the purchase I'm all for it as long as the original release isn't left wanting because of it.
If mariokart 8 is released with missing modes or less tracks than usual I will be both annoyed and suspicious .

Don't worry, it's already confirmed to have the usual 32 tracks aswell as VS mode and Battle mode!

KylieDog said:

Time trial removed!  :p

Nope, just hasn't been confirmed yet. 99.99% chance of it being in the game though!

I suppose I'd... Kinda want it for MK8, but only if it's like, a new course for £0.10. WHICH WON'T HAPPEN. :(