By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - *Rain Review: Super Mario 3D World

Tagged games:

spurgeonryan said:
I loved the cherry! Always tried my best to finish levels with as many characters as possible!

The only good thing about the cherry was Toad. I have no idea what he says when he gets it but it made me laugh every time.

irstupid said:

There is a secret world.  Did you even get the secret character?

You should have that in spoiler text.

No. I played a few levels but decided to stop. Why? I'm not sure. I'm sure I'll go back to it someday.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Like I always tell JayWood2010, you can't hold something against a game, if the issue does not really exist. In this case, the lack of content. And just like Jay, you complain about it while at the same time you admit that you didn't bother to play all the content. Mind you, we are talking about a lot of levels, not some padding like achievements.

I guess this is true. I just looked it up and there is more content then I thought from playing. I'd still like it if full-priced games had more modes or multiplayer or something. Overall, my standards are half the hours of what you pay. So I'd want 30 hours of gameplay for a full priced game. I doubt I could hit that with the levels I've skipped.

Either way, I'll edit the review :)  (The score remains the same)

*Sound Of Rain said:

I'd still like it if full-priced games had ... multiplayer or something.

It DOES have multiplayer. Not online, but still, you can play with up to 4 people at once.

Great way to exchange angry arguments. :P

P.S.: As a very little bonus you also get the old "Mario Bros." game in there.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

manuel said:

It DOES have multiplayer. Not online, but still, you can play with up to 4 people at once.

I mean a seperate multiplayer or bonus mode. 4 players being in the story mode was really cool though.

Mario Bros is playable? How? Where?

*Sound Of Rain said:
manuel said:

I mean a seperate multiplayer or bonus mode. 4 players being in the story mode was really cool though.

Mario Bros is playable? How? Where?

It's actually called "Luigi Bros.", but it's still the same game, and you have to unlock it first.

On the start screen there's a small Luigi icon (if you've unlocked it). Click on that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTuttlIzoXs

Around the Network
*Sound Of Rain said:
Nintentacle said:

I can't agree with this one. It took me 54 hours and 48 minutes total to 100% this game on single player. I would probably lower it to like 45 hours though since you have to beat every level with every character to 100% it. But either way, I'm not bad at Platformers and it still took a long time to finish it.

It took me about 15 hours to beat the main game. I didn't go back and look for all the green stars or do the bonus levels at the end of the game. If you do all that, I'm sure it's longer. Every person to comment has disagreed with me on that point which is fine. Everyone plays differently and I've had multiple "short" games feel long enough for me.

That's probably why you gave it a B. You haven't played 3D World until you've done 100%.

I wouldn't go that far to say that 100% is necessary, but everybody should certainly play the levels after the final Bowser battle. A lot of the bonus levels are very good.

I was skimming this for a little, and I thought you gave it an F at first and I was like... wat.

Then I scrolled down more and saw the actual review and score and scrolled back up and realized that you were just giving your range for the scores you give and not giving the actual score itself.

But pretty solid review. Easy to understand and isn't as controversial as the point-based system.

finish the game is a completly experience compared to do 100%.
after finishing, i would give a B. but in the process of achieving 100%, it got an A from me.

A bit harsh in my opinion. Some things you thought were bad I thought were awesome (Cherry, final battle).

A- for me.