By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Did you buy wii because of price or is it just better?

Username2324 said:
I find it funny so many are saying "for the games" yet everywhere else its always "oh the games for the Wii suck, there's no third party support".

Let me clarify that for you then... we bought it for the Nintendo published games.

Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer

Around the Network

C. Because of the games for it

bought it (at launch) because of super mario galaxy, and back then i didn't even know it'd be as good as it actually is.. suffice to say, i'm very happy with my purchase

I bought it because it's awesome. I bought it first because of price (and I don't like Microsoft, and don't want to contribute to them having another monopoly). Haven't bought a PS3 yet, and right now I am a little more satisfied with the wii than expected, that I doubt I will buy another console at least as quickly as I thought I would at time of purchase...

Neither. I bought it because I wanted to play Zelda and Mario.

Around the Network

I bought it for wii sports.

The urge to play is a terrible thing to waste.

I bought my Wii because it had enough games to justify the price.

If (# of game I want) * (price of the games) >= (price of console) I buy the console.

The Wii did this at launch so I bought one.

c) Because I am a hardcore Nintendo fan.

well now we know, wii has sold tonnes more than other consoles, and not because its the cheapest, because it has better games and better WOW factor. thanks everyone

Battalion Wars FC - Name: megblitz (short for megablitz): 197 696 399 118 (still at 4 stars and making the push towards 5)

Pokemon Battle Revonution FC - Name: megablitz: 5155 1920 5197 (I don't play it much anmore but PM me if you want a game)

Games I own:

Mario Galaxy, LOZ Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3, Red Steel, Heatseeker, Super Paper Mario, Battalion Wars 2, Need For Speed Carbon, Call Of Duty 3, Pokemon Battle Revolution, WarioWare Smooth Moves, Rayman Raving Rabbids 2, The Simpsons Game, Avatar The Last Airbender, Harry Potter 5, Wii Sports, Wii Play.

Wish List:

Super Smash Bros Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, No More Heroes, Bully, Wii Fit, Red Steel 2, Pikmin 3, Spore, Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn.

God which one shall I get first?!? They're all great!!!

I bought wii for gameplay; and for SSBB which is soon to come.