By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3's best graphics beat some PS4 games

Tagged games:

?

Yers, UC3/BTS/GoW:A look ... 132 71.35%

No, they don't 53 28.65%

Total:185
curl-6 said:

But Ghosts PS4 is still a PS4 game, and after watching a mate playing through Uncharted 3 again yesterday, I swear the PS3 game
actually looks better.

Is the SP of Ghosts 60FPS? If yes, than it has to push twice the framerate as Uncharted 3. That might help to explain why it doesn't look much better. And as already mentioned: The COD games have never been strong in the graphics department.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
TheGoldenBoy said:
You're comparing exclusives to a third party, cross-gen FPS game. If you want to make a comparison to an FPS on PS4 make it to Killzone since it is exclusive or Infamous in general. Ghosts was never visually impressive to begin with.

Obviously a big-budget exclusive PS4 blockbuster with a strong graphics focus, like Infamous and Killzone, will top PS3, it'd be shocking if they didn't.

But Ghosts PS4 is still a PS4 game, and after watching a mate playing through Uncharted 3 again yesterday, I swear the PS3 game actually looks better.

That's because Uncharted 3 does look better than Ghosts on PS4. No competition really, anyone saying otherwise is...blind.

JoeTheBro said:
Happens every gen.

Ghosts on PS4 looks a lot better than ghosts on ps3, but it's still not that great looking of a game. Still PS3 can't match the performance though.

Obviously PS3 can't match the performance, I thought that went without saying.

curl-6 said:
TheGoldenBoy said:
You're comparing exclusives to a third party, cross-gen FPS game. If you want to make a comparison to an FPS on PS4 make it to Killzone since it is exclusive or Infamous in general. Ghosts was never visually impressive to begin with.

Obviously a big-budget exclusive PS4 blockbuster with a strong graphics focus, like Infamous and Killzone, will top PS3, it'd be shocking if they didn't.

But Ghosts PS4 is still a PS4 game, and after watching a mate playing through Uncharted 3 again yesterday, I swear the PS3 game actually looks better.

There's no doubt that Uncharted 3 looks better than Ghosts. But wasn't Uncharted 3 "a big-budget exclusive PS3 blockbuster with a strong graphics focus"? Uncharted 3 is one of the best looking games on the PS3 so I would expect it to beat Ghosts, which is also a launch game for a new generation. FPS games are usually about gameplay > graphics, moreso than other genres. No third party FPS is really going to push the boundaries of a system with its visuals. Plus it is cross-gen as well which doesn't really help.

Almost every game that has been cross-gen is pretty much only looked slightly better. ACIV just better resolution, more vibrant colors and slightly better textures from an eye test. Like I said if we're going to compare Uncharted 3's visuals with any game it should be with a game like Infamous or Killzone since they are the most similiar in that they are exclusive, big-budget games.

Sirius87 said:
curl-6 said:

But Ghosts PS4 is still a PS4 game, and after watching a mate playing through Uncharted 3 again yesterday, I swear the PS3 game
actually looks better.

Is the SP of Ghosts 60FPS? If yes, than it has to push twice the framerate as Uncharted 3. That might help to explain why it doesn't look much better. And as already mentioned: The COD games have never been strong in the graphics department.

I know the reasons why, (exclusive vs multiplat, talented studio vs not so talented, 30fps vs 60fps) I'm just talking about the end result; what I see on screen in the best looking PS3 games looks better than some  of the less impressive PS4 games I've seen.

Around the Network
TheGoldenBoy said:
curl-6 said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

There's no doubt that Uncharted 3 looks better than Ghosts. But wasn't Uncharted 3 "a big-budget exclusive PS3 blockbuster with a strong graphics focus"? Uncharted 3 is one of the best looking games on the PS3 so I would expect it to beat Ghosts, which is also a launch game for a new generation. FPS games are usually about gameplay > graphics, moreso than other genres. No third party FPS is really going to push the boundaries of a system with its visuals. Plus it is cross-gen as well which doesn't really help.

Almost every game that has been cross-gen is pretty much only looked slightly better. ACIV just better resolution, more vibrant colors and slightly better textures from an eye test. Like I said if we're going to compare Uncharted 3's visuals with any game it should be with a game like Infamous or Killzone since they are the most similiar in that they are exclusive, big-budget games.

My point wasn't "PS3's best vs PS4's best", that wouldn't even be worth makjing a thread about, obviously PS4 wins, haha.

I was saying that despite the hardware gap, the best PS3 graphics still beat some PS4 graphics.

So, what is new with this? Some games are specialized for graphics, others concentrate more on gameplay.
This doesn't mean that the games released on these systems are possible on PS3 or 360... For example people said Dead Rising 3 wouldn't look next-gen but the game is technically impossible on lastgen hardware.

curl-6 said:
TheGoldenBoy said:
curl-6 said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

My point wasn't "PS3's best vs PS4's best", that wouldn't even be worth makjing a thread about, obviously PS4 wins, haha.

I was saying that despite the hardware gap, the best PS3 graphics still beat some PS4 graphics.

Cod ghosts looks better then any fps on ps3, Its also 1080p/60fps. 

joel1989 said:

Cod ghosts looks better then any fps on ps3, Its also 1080p/60fps. 

curl-6 said:

That I can agree with.