By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction E3 2014 for Sony and Microsoft.

I predict...There will be games.

Around the Network

I don't really expect anything for this E3, at least for sony and microsoft.

They had their big chance last year with the new hardware, it will probably be less fun now.

I expect some reddit from both of them with uncharted4,the order, driveclub, etc for sony and Halo 5/2, QB, sunset overdrive, etc for microsoft... with maybe one or two new games for both of them.

Oh, and maybe a price drop for the one and morpheus for ps4.

I only wait this E3 for NINTENDO, i want to see them again, with some new video gameplay for Smash bros, X, bayonetta 2, etc...
+ some new games, like a new metroid prime, another F-Zero, waverace, etc...

And of course, they need to finish with a big trailer of the new zelda, and we will all forget about sony/microsoft :believe:

No really, i hope they won't do a little nintendo direct like last year..

I think it's going to be a really good E3 for the both of them.

Sony

• They're going to strut their stuff and brag about sales and such
  • Showcase the rest of 2014's PS4 line-up along with release dates, trailers and such: Drive Club, The Order 1886
  • Announce a couple of new AAA PS4 games: Media Molecule's new IP (Entwined), and Sony Bend's new game (Syphon Filter: Kill Strain)
  • Talk about the Vita and how they plan to revitalize it: Show off a bunch of games like Freedom Wars, Murasaki Baby, and Soul Sacrifice Delta. Probably announce a notable new one like a Gravity Rush 2
  • Talk about cross-buy games: like Helldivers and Natural Doctrine. Possibily announce a new one like maybe a Sly Cooper 5 from Sanzaru games coming to PS4 and Vita
  • Full details on Playstation Now and maybe some other PS4 apps 
  • An indie segment. Hopefully a little shorter than last year
  • Talk some major third party games: Probably show off Destiny and the new Assassin's Creed
  • Uncharted 4 details and gameplay: Coming holiday this year
  • Close the show by re-announcing The Last Guardian coming next year to PS4
Microsoft
  • They're going to open with third party games before they do their usual, "From this point on, everything you see will be exclusive to Xbox One."
  • I expect a new trailer for Final Fantasy XV at Microsoft's show. To remind people that it isn't just a Sony franchise and hopefully resonate a bit with the Japanese audience. The new Call of Duty will have its coming out party here.
  • I also predict that Resident Evil 7 will been seen first here. That will get some folks buzzing. It will probably be Microsoft's idea of appealing to the Japanese market.
  • We're going to get a positive spin on the Xbox One's sales. The console really is doing very well, just not as well as Sony's
  • Announce season 2 of Killer Instinct with the reveals of a few new characters and a new mode coming before the end of the year
  • Announce this year's Forza title
  • Go through the rest of their 2014 line-up with release dates, trailers and such: Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, Project Spark. They will also confirm Halo 2 Anniversary
  • They're going to do their own indie segment full of console and timed exclusives.
  • Announced several new games: One New IP, One new installment in an older franchise (These games probably from either Lionhead, Lift London, or Rare)
  • Wrap with new trailers for Fable Legends and their next Halo game. Both of which will be 2015 titles. 

forevercloud3000 said:

-Reveal of 3rd Party Multiplats: COD, BF, AC, Batman, The Witcher 3, KH3, FFXV, Elder Scrolls Online

I highly doubt it will be microsoft to reveal the next AC or Batman as thoes franchises have traditionally had playstation exclusive content.

jonathanalis said:
XBO dev kit annoucement is what i want.

Me too!

Around the Network

I want a new Crackdown for Xbox.....

Some ideas for sony: Media Molecule game announcement, VR (Morpheus) game announcements, and also maybe a Hot Shots Golf game?

My 8th gen collection

ICStats said:
Some ideas for sony: Media Molecule game announcement, VR (Morpheus) game announcements, and also maybe a Hot Shots Golf game?

I believe I already have VR in there for them.

Also, Media Molecule is possible, but they did just launch tearaway for the vita 6 months ago so I doubt it.  They will probabally anounce thier PS4 project next year, or at Gamescom.

Really looking forward to seeing more Quantum Break and The Order.

Maybe a big exclusive surprise from either/both camps isn't too much to hope for......

CommonNinja said:

forevercloud3000 said:

-Reveal of 3rd Party Multiplats: COD, BF, AC, Batman, The Witcher 3, KH3, FFXV, Elder Scrolls Online

I highly doubt it will be microsoft to reveal the next AC or Batman as thoes franchises have traditionally had playstation exclusive content.

What I mean is they will have a montage real showing that the games are at least on the XBO, Sony's conference will highlight their differences. I can see MS paying big money for 3rd Parties NOT to do to them what MS had them doing to Sony all 7th Gen, which is neglect to mention the competitors are ALSO getting the game. Especially when most of these weren't shown at their last year's E3 Conf.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)