By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why don't people like hard games anymore?

I don't like hard games cause I get fed up of being stuck and then just give up and move on to another game.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

Seems people want to be entertained more than challenged. For me I like playing some difficult games, but as I become an old fart with slowing reactions (which were never that great in the first place) I find entertainment in games to be more important that serious challenge. A game still needs to be somewhat challenging to be properly entertaining, because it's no fun to be just walking through games without any sort tension created through the gameplay.

I liked Demon's Souls a lot, but I haven't felt ready for another serious arse kicking to make me want to get the other souls games. Though waiting on PS+ to hopefully bring Dark Souls 1.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

because gaming is supposed to enjoy and not stress... 

I like hard games but not like in the old days. I have a lot of PS1 games that I got no where in because they were so crazy hard. I don't want to play a game that so hard it feel more like luck beating it.

You grew up with Nintendo so you noticed the difference. People who started with PS or XB never had to play difficult games. Nowadays, you cant blame them because all they play are shooters and they just play the multiplayer mode. I feel like the so called hardcore gamer nowadays is really the casual gamer since most of them pkay CoD and Fifa. If thats their preference then im ok with that but dont brag that youre a gamer.

Around the Network
kupomogli said:
The reason games aren't hard is so they can sell you hard mode as DLC.

This is so true it is not even funny. Ok its hilarious!

MoHasanie said:
I don't like hard games cause I get fed up of being stuck and then just give up and move on to another game.

I know how you feel but why dont you watch a walkthrough?

Because people are little bitches, thats why.

Viltgance said:

Why don't people like hard games anymore?

I do. That's why i buy a lot of japaneses games, because they're harder than occidental games most of time, by far.

Catherine for ps3, etrian odyssey for ds/3ds, SMT4 for 3ds, Zhp on psp, prinny 1/2 for psp, resonance of fate, 7th dragon (ds) and 2020/II (psp), FZERO GX, etc, etc, etc...

I like easier game too sometime, but if it's too easy, it's boring for me, i like to loose, get lot of game over and finally win and manage to beat the hard boss/room :)

awesomeabe1998 said:
MoHasanie said:

I know how you feel but why dont you watch a walkthrough?

Like sometimes even after watching a walkthrough I'm still stuck. And then I never return to playing those games ever again. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54