By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - My estimated specs of the PlayStation 5

My estimated specs is 12 Tflop GPU/CPU with 64 GB stacked Ram 10 times faster then the GDDR 5 we have now .

Enough for 4k gaming and a big enough step to animate people to buy a new console.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
rolltide101x said:

VR will be dead by then.

The PS5 will not be able to play most games at native 4K. I predict 2560 × 1440 will be the norm maybe somewhat higher. PS5 will release in 2019 for 400$

12 GB GDDR5 ram and 4 GB DDR4
AMD APU again

Probably digital only

There is no need for GDDR5 when DDR4 is available :)

GDDR5 will still be better for gaming than DDR4. GDDR5 may be replaced by then actually.

Netyaroze said:
My estimated specs is 12 Tflop GPU/CPU with 64 GB stacked Ram 10 times faster then the GDDR 5 we have now .

Enough for 4k gaming and a big enough step to animate people to buy a new console.

I think you guys who expect 4K are going to be disappointed. It will not be worth the extra investment as 4K tvs will not overtake HDTVs anytime soon.

It will definetly go above 1080p but 4K will not happen with the PS5. If it does it will be only less graphically intense games.

Netyaroze said:

..and a big enough step to animate people to buy a new console.

Is that before or after people robbed a few banks?

rolltide101x said:
walsufnir said:
rolltide101x said:

VR will be dead by then.

The PS5 will not be able to play most games at native 4K. I predict 2560 × 1440 will be the norm maybe somewhat higher. PS5 will release in 2019 for 400$

AMD APU again

Probably digital only

GDDR5 will still be better for gaming than DDR4. GDDR5 may be replaced by then actually.

In which way exactly? And of course by release of PS5 there will be no GDDR5 anymore.

Around the Network

I have no knowledge of gaming PC specs. That said, PS5 = top grade PC today.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
I have no knowledge of gaming PC specs. That said, PS5 = top grade PC today.

Today?

Not even Nintendo's next home console will be that weak! (I hope)

No, really, they'll probably be like mid range PCs of that era.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

rolltide101x said:
walsufnir said:
rolltide101x said:

VR will be dead by then.

AMD APU again

Probably digital only

They're equally as good for gaming.
It depends how they're set-up, DDR3 for instance can be faster than GDDR5.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

rolltide101x said:
Netyaroze said:

I think you guys who expect 4K are going to be disappointed. It will not be worth the extra investment as 4K tvs will not overtake HDTVs anytime soon.

It will definetly go above 1080p but 4K will not happen with the PS5. If it does it will be only less graphically intense games.

Anytime soon sure but in 5-7 years ?? 1080p TVs will be a rarity most of them will be 4k

@kohler stuff gets cheaper technology progresses at a very fast pace something unaffordable now can be a cheap mass product in 5 years. Nvidia wants to go the route and AMD will have to once they do it. Its going to be a standard solution..

walsufnir said:
rolltide101x said:
walsufnir said:
rolltide101x said:

VR will be dead by then.

AMD APU again

Probably digital only

In which way exactly? And of course by release of PS5 there will be no GDDR5 anymore.

You are right, there will be relatively cheap GDDR6 in 2019, the first GPUs with GDDR6 will normally be released this (end of) year.

- PS3 used GDDR3 @22GB/s (for GPU)

- PS4 uses GDDR5 @176GB/s (APU)

- PS5 will probably use GDDR6 @1000-1408GB/s (APU)

DDR4 is too slow compared to GDDR6 exactly the way DDR3 is too slow compared to GDDR5.