By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Over 1,000 games on Xbox 360 by the end of 2008, promises Schappert

I know this includes xbox live arcade and maybe xbox originals but that seems rather large.  Anyone know how many we had in 2007 for a comparison?  E3 is going to be a hell of an event.  There are 446 games listed on wiki though that doesn't include xbox live though it does include older games http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_360_games.  Where the hell is MS going to pull 1000 games for 2008?

Around the Network

Didn't they predict something like that for 07'?

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Goddbless said:
Didn't they predict something like that for 07'?

Honestly I don't recall though I know SONY made a prediction but I think it was for the SONY family but again just don't recall at the moment. I'll try to dig up some more but so far haven't found anything conclusive.

If I understood correctly, I think the reference is to the small, home-made games.

I actually think what they are doing is cool. It makes me want to get a 360.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Maybe they are counting bc compatible regular XBox games as well? +/- 500 unannounced games to be released for 360 before the end of the year is a little bit too much IMO.

Around the Network
mike_intellivision said:
If I understood correctly, I think the reference is to the small, home-made games.

I actually think what they are doing is cool. It makes me want to get a 360.

Mike from Morgantown

Should have mentioned this but it does not include xna games.

I would guess:

~400 Xbox 360 games
~165 Xbox Live Arcade games
~478 Xbox compatible games

Heh did the xbox have 478 games in its lifetime?

well, 1000 games is a little misleading.. But over 500 would be about right (for xbox360 real games)

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

elnino334 said:
Heh did the xbox have 478 games in its lifetime?

The original Xbox had 945 games released for it, 478 are the number that are currently backwards compatible with the Xbox 360.