By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW + SW Up 12th April 2014

WiiU heading to the sub 30k category again ):

Around the Network

WOW, a sad week of flops in the software department... especially you Mickey =(

poklane said:
drkohler said:
Switzerland had massive shipments of solo units and "Amazon bundles" around 10th April, and they sold very well. Unless that is a fluke delivery into one country - which I seriously doubt - I actually expect a very noticable bump in EU sales unlike what the numbers show.

Are you talking PS4 or XB1?

PS4s. XBox Ones are in stock since January but don't really sell (some shops have been importing $450 US units since March and sell them well below msrp so they probably do better). I pass a MediaMarkt on the way home and in the past 10 days that shop alone got around 120 solo units and around 200 bundles. Half the stock sold so far (these were the first batches since end of January so no surprise here).

MohammadBadir said:
WiiU heading to the sub 30k category again ):

MARIO kART TO THE RESCUE!!!
Too bad its moving at the 50cc pace to get here

tbone51 said:
vivster said:
celador said:
JoeTheBro said:
PS4 is all but dead in Japan :(

I think everyone just needs to forget about the past and take Japan for what it is now.  It had more PS4 sales than the UK this week, so it's probably the second biggest individual market for this and most weeks.  Wouldn't say it's dead, just a smaller potential market

I think it's fine as long as it comfortable outsells the Wii U every week.

Doing terrible and beating something thats doing worse isnt a good thing :-/ Yeah, thats wat we call spinning :0

PS4 doing ok though, still 10k+, but it is still wrrying for home consoles in japan

I'm a Sony Fanboy and I just want them to be the very best.

*cue Pokemon intro*

I'm not saying it's doing well. I'm saying it makes me feel better when it eventually catches the Wii U.

I don't think the current sales are saying much. japan still buys a lot of PS3s. When the heavy hitters arrive that are PS4 exclusive they will start buying the PS4 too. Or else it would take forever to catch the Wii U.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

I'll just take the liberty of putting what BenV said in the NPD thread just now, in here:

Hey guys just woke up. Lots of questions so I'll touch on them all here.

"1. February wasn't an adjustment month, the One did worse in March then February. Tax returns did very well for the console in Feb and outside of Titanfall week sales for the One were sloooow in March.

2. April is looking to be rough. I honestly won't be surprised soon if we see the One hit around 100k months soon. If MS dont make some drastic moves this summer will be brutal.

3. Watch Dogs is going to be pretty huge on next gen. Most of the mass market consumers know nothing about the "drama" or "downgrade". That being said the delay has hurt the hype and if the game reviews low that could certainly hurt it. As long as it reviews even decently though should have an excellent launch / attach rate.

4. Sony saying the system is heavily supply constrained currently isn't true. It was in March but April has been pretty good all things considered. Not overflowing mind you but the best Ive seen since launch.

5. Destiny.......you guys have no idea how fucking huge this game is going to be."

I would say that this at supports, doesn't proof of course but supports, the believe that many in here have that the US numbers aren't necessarily accurate.

DerNebel said:

I'll just take the freedom of putting what BenV said in the NPD thread just now, in here:

5. Destiny.......you guys have no idea how fucking huge this game is going to be."

Bigger than Halo smaller than CoD... say 16m all consoles lifetime

ktay95 said:
DerNebel said:

I'll just take the freedom of putting what BenV said in the NPD thread just now, in here:

Bigger than Halo smaller than CoD... say 16m all consoles lifetime

Which would be massive, basically that would make this the biggest new hardcore IP (say no Wii Sports/Wii Fit etc.), since who knows what.

After three straight months of VGC being off on one or both consoles (on both in the last two months) by 50k to 100k in the US it's a little silly to me that anyone takes these weekly numbers seriously anymore.

the offical report clearly states these numbers are only temporary placeholders.

source